Careers / Positions Senior Development Associate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Road to Hire is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Development Associate to play a vital role in ensuring the sustainability of our programs through effective fundraising and donor relations. As the primary lead for grant writing and reporting, this position will have a direct impact on securing crucial funds for our organization. We are looking for candidates who possess a growth mindset, demonstrate accountability, and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. This role will serve as a key member of our development team and will have the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities as they continue to excel.
Road to Hire (R2H) is a nonprofit organization with a portfolio of programs that promote economic justice for young adults through high school programming, college scholarships, paid apprenticeships and sustained mentorship. A successful candidate will be an experienced Development professional and self-starter with excellent relationship management and communication skills.
What You’ll Do/ Role Responsibilities
- Research and identify potential new foundation and corporate funders
- Write and submit compelling grant applications and required reports in a timely manner
- Manage a comprehensive grant timeline and track the grant writing process
- Maintain current portfolio of organizational grants
- Manage relationships with grant funders and ensure stewardship by appropriate staff
- Oversee and manage internal data collection in partnership with the Director of Development
- Foster a culture of fundraising, development, and Road to Hire storytelling to support the team in meeting Road to Hire's fundraising goals
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of R2H donors, their giving histories, and priorities, along with philanthropy in the areas of workforce development and economic justice
- Successfully manage donor data, in conjunction with current staff, ensuring effective utilization of records, reports, and donor files
- Comply with all federal and state laws, rules and regulations, all professional standards, and best practices related to fund-raising; update and/or create new internal procedures as needed
- Represent Road to Hire at community events; organize and execute community engagement efforts and perform other duties as assigned
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of development experience with a strong track record of success
- Exceptional communication skills, with a knack for using data and real-life narratives to compel action that effectively engages and inspires donors
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with proven ability to analyze and demonstrate decision-making using data
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and project management abilities
- Strong desire to deliver excellent customer service to R2H’s donor community
- Proven ability to work independently and prioritize handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- A positive, transparent, and collaborative leader who approaches work within a team with pride, continuous improvement and bias-to-action
- A highly accountable team player with an ability to communicate across the organization openly and with respect
- Ability to lead through a lens of cultural awareness and sensitivity with an unwavering commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Cash Compensation Range: $65,000-$75,000*
*Note actual salary is based on qualifications and experience.
Who We Are: Road to Hire (R2H) works with corporate partners and universities to diversify corporate workspaces and interrupt cycles of intergenerational poverty by ensuring underrepresented individuals have access to higher education, high-earning careers and prosperous futures.
Alongside its partnerships, R2H’s programs help fulfill its mission:
- R2H Apprenticeships program: Supports hard-working young people of color looking to break into the tech industry and build diverse corporate workspaces. R2H Apprentices participate in a rigorous six-month paid training program learning tech and professional development skills, after which they can transition to high-earning tech careers with R2H premier employers.
- R2H High School program: Supports students at Charlotte’s Title I, low-income high schools. These students take Road to Hire classes for credit, learn technical and life skills and earn paths to debt-free college and high-earning careers.
- R2H College program: Provides financial support, mentorship, programming and community to historically underrepresented students pursuing post-secondary education through R2H College program. This program supports eligible graduates of the R2H High School program who are pursuing higher education as their route to high-earning career opportunities.
- Golden Door Scholars (GDS): Supports undocumented and DACA or TPS holders across the U.S. in their journeys through higher education and high-earning career opportunities.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact accommodations.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures