Careers / Positions Assistant Trade Marketing Manager | Lonely Planet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Assistant Marketing Manager is responsible for providing support to the Senior Marketing Manager (Trade) to plan and execute a global trade marketing strategy for Lonely Planet’s print publishing business that maximises book sales. The successful applicant will manage a variety of projects and oversee the production and distribution of marketing and sales materials to service Lonely Planet’s sales teams, supporting both sell-in to trade accounts and sell-through to consumers. The role will be required to develop an understanding of Lonely Planet’s brand positioning and guidelines, and an expert knowledge of Lonely Planet’s print publishing product range.
Experience managing marketing campaigns and leading projects that involve both internal and external stakeholders is essential. In particular, the candidate must have expertise briefing and providing clear and effective feedback to designers, content creators and copywriters. Additionally, a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously, is required to be successful in this position. Passion for travel is a must.
What You'll Do
- Create and deliver high impact trade marketing campaigns and key sales materials that align with our brand objectives, setting goals and KPIs to measure success and ROI
- Work with Lonely Planet’s Sales teams to identify opportunities with key accounts and develop tailored promotions to support high value sell-in and sell-through
- Manage the design and production of marketing assets including product advertising, social media assets, product photography and video trailers
- Produce Point-of-Sale displays and Gift-with-Purchase items for trade promotions
- Oversee the production and maintenance of best-practice product metadata and collaborate with a Copywriter to create optimised product descriptions for Lonely Planet’s print products
- Lead the planning, creation and measurement of assets to promote Lonely Planet’s products on Amazon (including Amazon A+ content and other on-page assets, sponsored video banner advertising etc)
- Develop and implement an annual calendar of content and assets for Lonely Planet’s Trade Marketing Website
- Assist in the planning and production of Lonely Planet’s brand booths and displays at industry events and conferences
- Contribute to post-campaign reporting: providing results, assessment and suggestions for improvement as required. This will include presenting at conferences and meetings
- Be a “student of marketing, media and design”: Stay abreast of and share best practices, trends and new ideas from across the publishing and retail product categories (bookstores and beyond)
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of marketing industry experience
- Demonstrated success managing campaigns and projects that involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of the publishing industry (or experience in a similar category)
- Strong sense of design and current trends in Marketing
- Understanding of how design files need to be set up for print production and experience working with printers/producers
- Strong organisation and time management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills including written (editing, copywriting and writing for different markets) and interpersonal. This is a global role that will collaborate with colleagues in a variety of timezones.
- Ability to work autonomously and on a range of projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Amazon keywords and product description copywriting is an advantage
- Cash Compensation Range: €45,000.00-€55,000.00pa
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 25 days paid annual leave per year, plus banks holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK, Ireland and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, pension plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures