Careers / Positions Print Publicity & Marketing Coordinator
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Print Publicity & Marketing Coordinator will work with both the Senior Marketing Manager (Trade)and the Senior Director, Trade Sales & Marketing (Global) to assist in the creation and maintenance of materials for Lonely Planet’s print publishing business to effectively publicise its book releases and deliver outstanding sales materials for its print sales team.
This role is responsible for the co-ordination and assembly of book publicity marketing assets and the creation of sales support materials for Lonely Planet’s print sales team. It’s expected that they’ll support both our internal media/ PR teams and our external book publicity agencies (located in UK-Europe, the Americas and Australia-New Zealand). The role will also be expected to manage the creation of book marketing assets to drive sell-in to trade accounts and sell-through to consumers. An ability to work autonomously, an attention to detail, solid project management skills and an openness to work with various stakeholders will be critical for success. And a passion for travel is a must!
What You’ll Do
Create and maintain print publicity folders for individual titles – including approved media releases, full book PDFs, cover and cover lifestyle images, rights-free images and image logs, licensing templates and brand boilerplates, brand and sub-brand logos
Liaise with internal and external PR teams and agencies and coordinate projects specific to each (eg – influencer box outreach program for individual book releases)
- Liaise with the internal Lonely Planet publishing teams (Guide, Trade Adult and Lonely Planet Kids) to gather all required elements for the publicity folders & sales marketing assets
- Collaborate with a range of internal and external stakeholders to create sales and marketing resources and coordinate the distribution of these materials
- Manage all aspects of content collation, copywriting, design, production and distribution of key Marketing & Sales materials, including catalogues, stocklists, and sales presentations
- Provide support for the creation and production of Point of Sale items for trade promotions
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate resource of sales and marketing materials
- Contribute to post-campaign reporting for both print publicity and sales support materials : providing results, assessment and suggestions for improvement as required
What We’re Looking For
- Graduate or previous marketing or media/ public relations industry experience
- Understanding of the book publishing and media/ public relations industries
- Strong sense of design and current trends in Marketing and public relations
- Understanding of how design files need to be set up for print production and experience working with printers/producers
- Basic-intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organisation and time management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills including written (editing, copywriting and writing for different markets) and interpersonal. This is a global role that will collaborate with colleagues in a variety of timezones.
- Ability to work autonomously and on a range of projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Cash Compensation Range: €35,000.00-€45,000.00pa
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 25 days paid annual leave per year, plus banks holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK, Ireland and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, pension plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures