Careers / Positions Senior Content Designer | Energy
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Energy team at Red Ventures helps customers find the right energy solutions for their homes and businesses. The content we write includes location-based energy information, helpful guides, solar explainers, how-to's and more.
We are seeking a Senior Content Designer to join our Creative team. You will join a highly-collaborative, creative and close-knit team who delight in solving complex problems, making data-driven user experiences, while driving innovation and performance for our business.
What You'll Do
- Conceptualize new creative strategies and write content that will improve user experience and drive performance across digital assets.
- Use your knowledge of product design and UX to inform content strategy
- Craft, utilize, and manage internal guidelines and content systems based on brand pillars and evolving business goals.
- Develop subject-matter expertise, understand user problems, business goals, how competitors solve them, and where gaps exist
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers, product and visual design to oversee the experience from concept to launch
- Effectively balance user needs and business goals
- Assist and support teammates through collaboration, critique and feedback
- Use data, user research and performance metrics to optimize existing site experiences
- Iterate and innovate based on data and findings.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and propose solutions
- Be autonomous, crave accountability and take responsibility for every detail, every step of the way.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years writing for consumer-focused tech across various platforms (web, mobile, apps, etc)
- You have a killer portfolio that demonstrates excellent, error-free writing skills.
- You have the knowledge and ability to directly implement your content into design projects built in Figma (or like co-collaborating programs).
- You’re a strong communicator and collaborator who is inspired to deliver great work and bring a strategy to life
- You are always looking to grow your abilities through feedback and collaboration
- You are proactive with strong time-management skills, taking initiative for what needs to be done rather than waiting for instructions
- You enjoy staying flexible and adaptable in a fast-changing environment
- You deftly juggle multiple projects, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaboratively across teams
- You love what you do, try to have fun every day and have a great sense of humor
- A passion for UX and digital content principles
Nice to haves:
- Have some level of energy / home services industry knowledge (electricity, solar, EVs, smart tech, batteries)
- Understand the utility needs and purchase lifecycle of a homeowner, or renter
- Have branding and marketing experience
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Experience with usability testing platforms like usertesting.com
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
- Cash Compensation Range: $75,000-$110,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Program
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures