Careers / Positions Tech Writer, TV/Home Entertainment Products | CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
CNET is looking for a sharp writer to join our editorial team and support our coverage of home entertainment hardware, with a focus on TVs. This role will involve a mix of writing and hands-on, lab-based testing in one of CNET’s most important topics. The TVs writer will create comparison-based product reviews, how-to articles, tech explainers and roundups of the best products in the TVs category. Today's television technology is complicated, and we want someone to help us uncomplicate it for people who don’t have the time or expertise to dig through all the details – especially people who have not bought a new TV for years. We offer a supportive, collaborative editorial team that takes our work (but not ourselves) seriously, plus regular coaching and mentorship. The TVs writer will report to the managing editor of CNET’s Computers and Home Entertainment team.
What You'll Do
- Write, edit and publish stories under deadline.
- Engage in hands-on, side-by-side testing in a dedicated TV lab.
- Create exciting headlines and deliver clear, unbiased buying advice.
- Work cross-functionally to update and improve existing content.
- Help team members brainstorm ideas for new content and updates.
- Build and maintain relationships with product manufacturers and attend press functions.
- Learn more about an important technology sector and help people choose the best TV.
What We're Looking For
- 1+ years of writing and editing experience, preferably in digital publishing.
- Familiarity with TV, streaming and home theater hardware and software.
- The willingness to learn even more by diving into all the details.
- The ability to help readers cut through bombastic marketing and understand the practical benefits and drawbacks of TV tech.
- An organized mind that has no problems cleanly tracking story ideas and publishes.
- A positive, collaborative attitude and the desire to work closely with colleagues beyond your immediate team.
- Cash Compensation Range: $60,000-96,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures