Careers / Positions Global Payroll Director
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Global Payroll Director will lead global payroll strategy and operations for Red Ventures. This role is responsible for ensuring compliance in the U.S. and three international locations; timeliness and accuracy of payroll processing, and all associated deliverables; building out and optimizing our payroll platform and processes; effective vendor management; and leading a team of payroll and tax professionals.
Charlotte area based on a hybrid schedule preferred; however, we are open to fully remote applicants.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, recommend, and execute global payroll strategies to ensure compliance, efficiency and trust in our payroll delivery and in order to meet business objectives
- Oversee day-to-day domestic and international payroll operations to deliver payroll timely and accurately
- Oversee domestic and international payroll tax compliance
- Lead and mentor a team of payroll and tax professionals
- Evaluate and design effective standard operating procedures
- Ensure all pay processes adhere to internal controls and regulatory pay requirements for each jurisdiction
- Identify opportunities to improve payroll systems, lead system implementations, and the design of new payroll processes
- Manage outsourced vendors to ensure compliance with processes, requirements and laws as well as to ensure service level agreements are met
- Build strong relationships of trust with internal stakeholders and collaborate cross functionally with other departments on corporate initiatives, including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Ensure policies and procedures are documented and updated in a timely manner
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of experience managing and processing multi-state (US), Puerto Rico, and international payrolls
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading a team of payroll and tax professionals, including remote team members
- 5+ years of experience with Workday Payroll (processing, system design and reporting)
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation with the American Payroll Association
- Strong working knowledge of applicable US federal, state, and local rules and laws
- Strong working knowledge of UK, Ireland, and Australia payroll processing, payroll tax requirements and compliance, as well as experience with US expatriates
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop others
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, utilize a wide degree of creativity and latitude to accomplish goals, understand business implications of decisions, and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate, consult and partner with all levels and work well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal communications (verbal and written)
- Ability and comfort with working in a fast pace and rapidly growing environment
- Proven success in leading process improvement initiatives
- Cash Compensation Range: $138,000 - 175,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures