Careers / Positions VP of SEO | Education
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As a requirement for this role, the selected candidate must be based in Puerto Rico. We are seeking individuals who are currently residing on the island or are willing to relocate to Puerto Rico. This location-based requirement is essential to foster our commitment to local talent and contribute to the economic growth of Puerto Rico.
Please note that relocation assistance may be provided for qualified candidates who are interested in joining our team in Puerto Rico. If you are a talented professional seeking a new adventure and are open to the possibility of relocating to Puerto Rico, we encourage you to apply.
About Red Ventures Puerto Rico: Five years ago, a group of determined young professionals ignited a movement to rebuild Puerto Rico after the devastating Hurricane Maria. Today, the FWD787 movement has evolved into Red Ventures Puerto Rico—a thriving marketing and technology company located in the vibrant heart of Santurce with over 100 employees.
Our mission remains unwavering—to provide exceptional job opportunities with competitive benefits, cultivating local talent and driving economic development on the island.
As we continue to expand our Puerto Rico office, our hunger for exceptional talent grows stronger. We seek experienced professionals with the drive and vision to make a lasting impact on the island. If you are in Puerto Rico or looking to move back, this is the perfect opportunity and time to join our team. Apply today to become part of the movement as we build upon our legacy and create new growth opportunities.
VP of SEO | EDU
Red Ventures Education,one of the most far reaching higher education portfolios in the United States reaching more than 50 million students annually, is looking for an SEO leader with strong analytical and technical skills to lead our SEO team. This person will lead audience strategy to scale intent-driven audiences across Red Ventures Education’s top sites (BestColleges.com, TheBestSchools.org, OnlineMBA.com, NurseJournal.org, Psychology.org, etc.). You’ll oversee ongoing SEO testing across content, UX, and technical best practice to improve session growth and ultimately content ROI.
As the VP of SEO, you will report to the SVP of Red Ventures Education and be part of a specialized team within our organization. You will have access to premier SEO tools, cutting-edge resources, and be part of an industry-leading team that delivers actionable insights and makes informed strategic decisions for Red Ventures Education. And you will collaborate daily with expert product leads, SEO savvy editorial teams, and best-in-class designers to build world-class content experiences and drive measurable results.
What You'll Do
- Create & manage SEO strategy for a portfolio of websites, focused on growing organic volume and revenue.
- Lead, mentor, and develop 10+ members of the SEO team
- Partner across teams (Content, Product Dev, Data, and Revenue) to maintain and improve Red Ventures Education’s content library and develop growth roadmaps
- Stay on top of evolving SEO best practices and run tests to develop tactics & strategies
- Work with product management to create SEO requirements that improve site performance and user experience
- Partner with the Data Sciences team to craft algorithms that measure and improve our content and search optimization
- Provide insights to the engineering team to convert manual analyses into automated software approaches
- Study search demand to identify content and product growth opportunities
- Monitor industry trends and business performance to inform and adjust our strategy as needed
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years experience in growth marketing with some specialization in SEO, preferably in-house at a large publisher or from an enterprise-level digital consulting agency
- Strong understanding of intent-driven audiences and performance marketing
- Track record of delivering and communicating business results from SEO investments
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit
- Superior project management
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Experience analyzing large data sets generated from multiple sources, including Web analytics, site crawls, and large third-party SEO databases
- Strong Web-development fluency—must be able to write precise technical SEO requirements
- Familiarity with SQL is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in math, science, business, or computer science
- Cash Compensation Range: $220,000-270,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures