Careers / Positions Senior AI Writer | CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
CNET is a premier destination for expert, unique and timely information that helps people navigate our changing world. We’re seeking a curious, self-motivated new member of our Thought Leadership team with excellent writing skills, a nose for research and a thirst for helping people understand the bigger picture.
As a Senior AI Writer, you’ll work within a dynamic team environment to tackle a range of topics surrounding artificial intelligence. Your deeply researched, thoroughly reported features, FAQs and analyses will help people understand and act on critical information in a rapidly changing field.
You’ll help lead coordinated coverage efforts around AI, and engage in in-house videos and media hits as a knowledgeable voice. In addition, you’ll flexibly expand into other coverage areas and additional projects as needed.
*This is ideally a hybrid role, with at least two days in the office each week (Tues, Weds). Candidates may be based in New York or Charlotte, or may be remote.
*This role is in a bargaining unit represented by a labor union, the Writers Guild of America, East.
What You’ll Do
- Flex your top-tier writing and communication skills, writing well-sourced features, FAQs and analyses on AI topics
- Help define and lead AI coverage at CNET to engage in conversation as an industry expert
- Participate as a CNET expert voice in videos and media hits
- Pitch, research, write and publish original, value-add stories under editorial oversight
- Join a collaborative team of writers and thinkers
- Think creatively and flexibly about tasks and challenges
- Embrace feedback from colleagues to become a pivotal member of a growing team
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years experience as a technology journalist experienced in writing original, compelling features - preferably on the topic of Artificial Intelligence
- Clean, accurate, engaging copy that is error-free
- Deep interest and knowledge in artificial intelligence, including competing AI apps and platforms, ethical considerations, potential benefits and pitfalls, and discussions of regulatory policy
- Experienced and comfortable giving on-camera and radio interviews, and doing social media video
- Ability to design and execute coverage programs with peers
- Self-motivated, with a collaborative attitude with managers and colleagues
- Team player who can pivot to other topic coverage as needed
- Growth and learning mindset
- Cash Compensation Range: $70,000 - $108,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET