Careers / Positions Editor, Energy
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is seeking an Editor who will be responsible for assigning, writing, editing and fact-checking content for our Energy business, which includes sites SaveOnEnergy.com, ChooseEnergy.com, and ChooseTexasPower.org. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating SEO-friendly content that answers key questions and empowers readers to make educated decisions for their energy needs. This editor will be responsible for editing energy articles and coordinating with key stakeholders, including SEO analysts, writers, freelance contributors and others. The right candidate is able to collaborate with others to develop high-quality, engaging content with a quick turnaround.
What You'll Do
- Edit, proofread and fact-check articles in accordance with the editorial style guide
- Consistently improve the quality of content by providing actionable feedback to writers
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for improving search rankings
- Produce 30 to 40 new articles per month
- Update existing articles for compliance edits as necessary
- Work closely with editorial lead and SEO teams to organize monthly content calendar
- Coordinate content priorities and production with key stakeholders
What We're Looking For
- At least 2 years of editing experience
- Experience writing or editing for SEO
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Command of AP style
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple tasks
- General knowledge of the growing energy industry and the ability to process complex topics into digestible information for readers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Total compensation range: $55,000 - $70,000*
- NYC compensation range: $66,000 - 84,000*
- Note: actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures