Careers / Positions Project Manager, Content Operations | CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The content operations project manager partners with the CNET editorial team to implement creative, technology-driven workflows that help us produce expert, unique, and helpful content across all platforms.
This person is a collaborative and organized operational thinker who will own and creatively refine the end-to-end process of content production, with a particular focus on expanding and managing CNET’s network of freelancers, contractors and contributors.
What You'll Do
- Think big: You’ll manage and scale a large, complex project that has multiple parts.
- Own freelance and vendor management: Own the onboarding, training and efficiency of our network of contributors.
- Communicate effectively: Engage in clear, consistent, regular communication with a variety of peers and managers across the organization, including Edit and SEO.
- Optimize and integrate third-party platforms: Help the editorial team leverage and get maximum value out of our systems and workflow tools, including Slack, Asana, Google Drive and more.
- Develop universal best practices and processes: Work with editors, writers and producers across the organization to develop and enshrine workflows that support our top priorities.
- Maintain calendars and timeline: Work with editors to create and update editorial calendars and project timelines to meet monthly production targets.
What We're Looking For
- 3-5 years of project management or commensurate experience
- Comfortable getting into the weeds with data and third-party platforms such as Asana, Slack, Google Drive, Outlook and others.
- Successful at cross-functional collaboration and working productively with various levels of peers and management as well as outside partners and vendors.
- A strong communicator with a record of documenting process, policy and best practices
- Experience in a journalism setting is a plus, as is knowledge of SEO
- Cash Compensation Range: $55,000-$80,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET