Careers / Positions Data Scientist | AI Products
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are looking to hire a Data Scientist to join our AI Products division. We are charged with building AI-powered solutions that will make our partners successful in the market, change how our teammates operate and how our brands go to market. We’re developing applications that will impact how we produce media, personalize our site experience, converse with our customers, and add intelligence into our digital buy-flows. Our team is responsible for both building the underlying technology and applying these applications to business opportunities. We’re a growing team made up of a mix of data scientists, machine learning engineers, analytics engineers, software engineers, and product managers.
We believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams. Think of the bullets below as guidelines: if you only partially meet the qualifications on this posting, we encourage you to apply anyway!
This is a hybrid position located in our Charlotte, NC or New York City office.
What You'll Do
- Work with cutting edge generative AI technologies such as LLMs and collaborate with other highly talented data scientists and engineers.
- Help build and improve AI enabled products such as automated content generation, automated content validation tools, AI powered virtual assistants, to name a few.
- Execute multi-disciplinary data science solutions end to end effectively and efficiently with minor guidance from technical leaders.
- Collaborate with other data scientists and engineers and help take ideas from discovery to solutions in production.
- Incorporate requirements and feedback from business stakeholders and work effectively across business, creative, and engineering groups to solve problems.
- Help build a positive culture across technical and business teams.
- Participate in the broader data science community within RV on the design and execution of the data science projects, especially when relevant to expertise.
- Stay in touch with the constantly growing field of DS/ML/AI to learn about new techniques and how they might be applicable to projects within RV.
- Help create and promote an inclusive environment where team members feel comfortable and empowered.
What We're Looking For
- 1+ yrs of professional experience in a data science role with an MS or PhD in STEM with a focus in computer science, ML, statistical modeling, or optimization, OR 3-5 years of professional experience in a data science role.
- Bias to action, with a strong sense of execution and someone who tries to unblock themselves. Proactive communicator.
- Experience with end-to-end model development, deployment, and monitoring workflows.
- Proficiency in Python and experience with Databricks.
- Ability to methodically understand business context, define value propositions, and formulate and solve complex data science problems with minor guidance from technical leaders.
- Ability to clearly articulate the “why” behind proposed data science solutions to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to own key deliverables and use problem solving to deliver projects on time and iterate when justified by potential, incremental value.
- Ability to communicate their project status, timeline, and technical results to broad audiences.
- Experience participating in scoping data science projects, and owning their own execution.
- Experience developing skills specific to a specialization or expertise through research skills like literature reviews and communication of findings
- Cash Compensation Range: $80,000-150,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures