A Content Strategist at Red Ventures is responsible for developing a messaging strategy and writing on-brand content across digital marketing channels. The ideal candidate will possess a solid understanding of digital marketing, including paid search, SEO, and content marketing; using data, competitive research and customer insights to create a messaging strategy and content that clearly articulates the benefits of products and services while driving key performance metrics. This individual serves as a subject matter expert, editing and managing the work of in-house copywriters or external freelancers, as needed.
- Collaborate with digital marketing analysts, SEO analysts and designers to develop content strategies and tactics
- Create detailed plans for content creation to target key customer segments including template creation, publication schedules, editorial calendars, topic generation and messaging themes
- Audit existing content to recommend tactics for improvement
- Write and edit targeted, on-brand digital marketing content for landing pages, blogs, how-to guides, list articles, email, social media advertising, display advertising and offline campaign pieces as needed
- Lead a team of copywriters (internal or freelance); manages content team priorities and deadlines
- Self-edit work for adherence to brand guidelines, AP style and digital content best practices
- Edit work of teammates as needed
Skills we’re looking for:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Proven ability to lead projects from concept to execution
- Knowledge of digital content including SEO, social media, transactional content, content marketing and mobile trends
- Ability to translate a strategy or goal into a performance-driving creative strategy
- Ability to set and manage deadlines, managing others along the way
- Editing and proofreading
- Ability to conceptualize and collaborate with designers and engineers
- Ability to work autonomously
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, English or Journalism
- 5+ years’ experience, preferably in copywriting, marketing or digital strategy.
- A positive attitude, sense of humor, great flexibility and adaptability in a fast-changing environment
So are you in? Sure the amenities are cool, but the people make Red Ventures a great place to work. We’re always looking for more good people. Apply now.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services in the home services, financial services, and healthcare industries. We use advanced analytics, data science, and integrated technology to cultivate and customize digital connections between brands and customers. We marry the speed of a start-up, the DNA of a digital agency, the strategic thinking of a consultancy, and the analytical skills of a big data company. Red Ventures is headquartered in Charlotte, NC and has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US as well as in Brazil and London.