As Senior Writer, Small Business, for The Points Guy, you will be responsible for pitching, reporting on and writing news articles, columns, reviews and feature stories covering credit cards, loyalty programs, travel and aviation as they relate to the small business owner. The right candidate is able to identify timely topics and develop engaging stories with original, on-brand angles, with a quick (often same-day) turnaround. If number crunching and “doing the math” sounds like fun to you, this is your kind of position. The position requires strong social media savvy to promote articles and excellent news judgment. Some travel required.
• Identify points and miles and credit card-related stories relevant to small business owners, and pitch and write articles quickly — often within hours
• Help TPG's Points and Miles vertical editors build and manage a small business section on our editorial calendar
• Work directly with TPG founder Brian Kelly in developing credit card and travel tips, strategies and other service journalism editorial for the small business owner
• Develop new ways to explain points and miles points to new small business owners
• 7+ years of experience as a full-time writer or editor covering small business management and/or entrepreneurship
• Expert knowledge of travel/points/frequent-flyer programs/business credit cards a must
• Superb attention to detail, even under deadline
• Passion for travel using points and miles that will translate to fun, engaging editorial
• Strong sense of urgency around news, ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback
• Experience telling stories with infographics, video and interactive tools a big plus
About The Points Guy:
The Points Guy is the leading site devoted to helping its 5+ monthly million readers around the world maximize their travel and stay up to date on travel news. Founded in 2010 and owned privately held performance marketing company Red Ventures, TPG is growing by leaps and bounds and is seeking new team members to join its existing staff of accomplished writers, editors, videographers, experiential marketers, social experts, analysts, and strategists.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has more than 2,700 employees in offices across the Carolinas, Seattle, Washington, and Sao Paulo, Brazil.