Bankrate.com, a division of Red Ventures, is looking for a talented, result oriented, innovative software engineers to join our team, responsible for building services that enables searching of rate products across multiple channels, including Bankrate.com web & mobile platforms.
In addition to building applications that can hold up to the scale & growth of our business, our team of engineers work collaboratively with the business leaders to come up with innovative solutions to grow the business. We believe in software craftsmanship and that there is real value in developing software so that it can be easily understood, maintained, and extended. At Bankrate.com we are all about team work, accountability, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We work hard, but do so in a collaborative, fun and flexible work environment.
As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on mission critical projects with direct impact on the evolution of our business. You will be able to apply your programming skills towards building low latency and high throughput transactional services. You will work on systems that serve millions of searches a day, generate millions of events, and are monitored 24x7 using early warning and analytics systems such as Kafka and Elastic Search. Our search systems perform highly concurrent, real-time searches across our vast advertiser network and collects and parses data from a diverse set of interfaces to get the best rates for our customers. We constantly explore new technologies and engineer better solutions for ever demanding business needs.
- Designing, modifying, developing, writing, testing and implementing software.
- Taking ownership and responsibility of the work at hand and shepherding code through to production.
- Implementing web services and REST APIs to power Bankrate.com and partners’ web sites.
- Building a scalable, robust and reliable infrastructure to support our website and services.
- Collaborating with product owners, scrum masters, and other developers to deliver a quality product.
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience with object-oriented PHP and Laravel and/or Symfony frameworks
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, and/or SQL Server databases
- Experience working in a Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environments
- Experience developing and supporting production quality API
- REST, SOAP and API services, HTTP Status Codes, Content Negotiation, API versioning, Caching
- Security , Stability, Reliability, Scalability, Fault Tolerance, Performance, Monitoring, Documentation
- Experience with various architectures: Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Hexagonal Architecture, Event Driven Architecture, Microservices, Cloud Native
- Experience with testing: Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Integration Testing, Load Testing, Test Automation, Consumer Driven Contract Testing
- Experience with Node.JS, Python, or Go is a plus
- Experience with AWS EC2, S3, and/or Lambdas is a plus
- Experience with PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Jasmine, Karma, Mocha, Chai and other unit testing libraries and frameworks
- Experience with various tools: GIT, Postman, Wireshark, Swagger, Docker, Jenkins
- Education: BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is a plus.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specialize in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.
Bankrate is a leading publisher, aggregator, and distributor of personal finance content. Bankrate provides consumers with fully researched, comprehensive, independent and objective personal finance editorial content across multiple vertical categories including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards, and other categories, such as retirement, automobile loans, and taxes. For over two decades Bankrate.com has been a leading personal finance destination. Bankrate aggregates rate information from over 4,800 institutions on more than 300 financial products. With coverage for over 600 local markets, Bankrate generates rate tables in all 50 US states. Bankrate develops and provides web services to more than 100 cobranded websites with online partners such as Bloomberg, Comcast, Yahoo! And CNBC.