Red Ventures is both a marketing company and a technology company. We are expanding nationally and globally. We operate in a myriad of industries, each with unique compliance and legal needs.
With an environment that presents unique and changing challenges, it’s with excitement that we begin our search for a talented, multi-faceted Corporate Counsel to join our growing legal team. You will work with our business teams to ensure that we remain in adherence to legal standards and in-house policies as it pertains to a variety of transactional agreements and general compliance matters.
Our Corporate Counsel works closely with our business teams to push the needle forward as a partner in the deal. We are looking for someone who is well-versed in contracts and corporate governance best practices, someone who can advise and guide teams to the best decision. You should be someone who enjoys staying abreast of changing industry standards, particularly in digital marketing and technology. You should be a professional of high ethical standards and work diligently to complete your duties while keeping the objectives of the business in mind.
- Address employment related legal issues in conjunction with Human Resources department, including EEOC and worker’s compensation claims.
- Be an integral part of the business teams’ efforts to establish and evaluate existing and potential business relationships, with significant responsibilities for negotiating, preparing, and reviewing partner contracts.
- Provide management team with day-to-day legal perspective and guidance, as well as risk assessment and mitigation.
- Serve as legal advisor and active participant in establishing partnerships and facilitating merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions, including due diligence, negotiation and preparation of term sheets and definitive agreements, and assistance with financing documentation and closing process.
- Assist with a variety of corporate matters including organizational documents, company structure, and management of corporate entities.
- Assist with management of intellectual property portfolio.
- Work closely with General Counsel on risk assessment and on compliance-related processes and procedures to support the company’s compliance environment and ever-present focus on quality.
- Coordinate with outside counsel on litigation and specialized issues as required.
- 5-10 years of experience working with senior business management in connection with a broad range of legal matters including contracts, intellectual property, marketing, compliance, employment, privacy, M&A, and other transactional activities. Prior in-house experience a plus.
- Outstanding negotiating, communication, drafting, and writing skills.
- Possess a high degree of business savvy, integrity, candor, intellectual curiosity, and self-motivation.
- Strategic thinking and innovative, creative problem-solving, often in unprecedented cutting-edge scenarios.
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills, with a well-developed sense of humor, fun and adventure.
- Previous experience operating effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Comfortable with change, and ability to pivot quickly as needs and priorities change. Think fast, work fast, react fast, adapt fast.
- Effective listening and diagnostic skills. Capable of assessing and managing appropriate levels of risk consistent with upholding the law and maintaining the company’s high ethical standards while helping drive the business forward.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and a significant workload of diverse matters in a timely and accurate manner.
- Fast and eager learner. Demonstrated ability to gain knowledge of the business and become an integral business partner.
- Team player with a strong orientation toward collaborative, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to see and proactively move toward the bigger picture without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Willing to go the extra mile to get the job done and done properly. Must have fun while doing so!
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services in the home services, financial services, and healthcare industries. We use advanced analytics, data science, and integrated technology to cultivate and customize digital connections between brands and customers. We marry the speed of a start-up, the DNA of a digital agency, the strategic thinking of a consultancy, and the analytical skills of a big data company. Red Ventures is headquartered in Charlotte, NC and has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US as well as in Brazil and London.