As a Front End Wordpress Developer at The Points Guy, you’ll work closely with other Front End Developers to engineer solutions for a large existing WordPress codebase. You should be familiar with agile methodologies, Git and have a thorough understanding of testing methodologies. You should be able to translate designs into pixel-perfect, responsive front-end templates. You thrive on the challenge of squashing obscure bugs in a legacy codebase.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of WordPress, as well as its strengths and weaknesses. You have built your own themes and plugins before and possibly even contributed to the WordPress core or other open source software. You stay current with modern technology and are engaged in the tech community.
- Intimate understanding of the WordPress core, loops, filters, API, caching mechanism and various internal functions
- Familiarity with Git, Webpack/NodeJS/NPM, Vagrant, ReactJS
- A keen eye for design
- Extremely detail oriented and thorough in all QA testing
- Strong organization and documentation skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff
- Ability to juggle multiple internal projects and estimate for internal deadlines
Why work at TPG?
- If you’re looking to get in on the ground floor and gain leadership experience while making a meaningful impact at a growing company
- If you, like us, value the entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative innovation, and a healthy work-life balance
- If you’re excited to have flexible PTO, free lunches, office dogs galore, and tons of unreal travel perks
- If you want to feel proud to work for a company that truly cares about corporate responsibility/social good and gives back to the international community through charitable action
About The Points Guy
The Points Guy is the leading site devoted to helping its 5+ monthly million readers around the world maximize their travel and stay up to date on travel news. Founded in 2010 and owned privately held performance marketing company Red Ventures, TPG is growing by leaps and bounds and is seeking new team members to join its existing staff of accomplished writers, editors, videographers, experiential marketers, social experts, analysts, and strategists.
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specialize in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provide better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.