CreditCards.com, a division of Red Ventures, is seeking an assistant editor to write short news briefs, format upcoming stories in WordPress, write headlines, meta descriptions and page titles as well as assist in data research and various editorial duties as they arise. The assistant editor will work closely with CreditCards.com editors, freelance writers and onsite SEO, multimedia and social media teams. The right candidate has journalism and Word Press experience, comfortable with HTML and able to write compelling SEO-friendly headlines and meta descriptions.
- Collaborate with editorial, freelancers, multimedia, SEO and social media teams to write the most compelling headlines, title tags and meta descriptions for editorial content for a consumer audience focused on credit, debt and personal finance.
- Ability to A/B test headline effectiveness and keyword search tools.
- Assist editors/writers on data gathering for in-house surveys and polls.
- Help optimize delivery of content to various platforms and update existing content
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience writing for online publications.
- Knowledge of AP Style, grammar and punctuation.
- Familiarity with WordPress.
- Familiarity with best SEO practices and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Energetic, enthusiastic and able to take initiative.
- Strong communication skills to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Extremely organized. Intimate knowledge of Excel.
- Some basic graphic design knowledge is also a plus
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.
CreditCards.com is the leading online credit card marketplace connecting customers with multiple credit card issuers, including a majority of the 10 largest in the United States based on credit card transaction volume. CreditCards.com enables consumers to search for, compare, and apply for credit cards and offers credit card issuers an online channel to acquire qualified applications.