CreditCards, a division of Red Ventures, is looking for a Automation QA Engineer. Candidates must have excellent communication and collaboration skills and be able to work with peers in other organizations as well as software developers, release leads and other testers.
About the Role:
- Design, write, execute and maintain automated test scripts for APIs, platform and UI software components that you are responsible for.
- Assess the current set of automation tools and framework and then make recommendations on our automation strategy.
- Determine when components meet acceptable quality criteria and standards and give the go-ahead for release to production.
- Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
- Review functional and technical documentation in order to identify requirements for the creation of test plans, test cases and test scripts
- Conduct test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality
- Execute all components of product testing such as functional, regression and end-to-end testing.
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes
- Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products for application within the environment.
- Own Continuous integration tools (Jenkins) and integrate test suite into CI cluster as applicable.
- Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and demonstrate strong teamwork
- Note: this is a hands on roll where the candidate will be helping the teams setup an automation framework while at the same time supporting the current projects as we continue to grow the team.
- 2+ years hands-on experience as a automation engineer or software developer in test
- Strong understanding of QA concepts and proven abilities in the following disciplines: software testing, test case writing, and automated script development
- Strong experience in Automation tools frameworks, using Java/JUnit, TestNG, Webdriver, and Groovy.
- Experience with API testing tools (ie. Postman / SoapUI)
- Experience with MYSQL and writing SQL
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong aptitude (and appetite!) for learning new technologies
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Experience with Katalon Test Studio is a plus
Desired Additional Skills:
- Experience using issue tracking systems (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Familiarity using source code control systems, especially Git.
- Ability to analyze code from other team members
- Familiar with Docker and how it can be setup and leveraged by the QA organization
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specialize in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.
CreditCards.com is the leading online credit card marketplace connecting consumers with multiple credit card issuers, including a majority of the 10 largest in the United States based on credit card transaction volume. CreditCards.com enables consumers to search for, compare, and apply for credit cards and offers credit card issuers an online channel to acquire qualified applicants.