Red Ventures is currently seeking a Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager. The person in this role will be leading a team that is the eyes and ears for all our IT systems and services at RV.
The NOC at Red Ventures is responsible for monitoring our mission-critical production systems, identifying trends in our environments that may lead to downtime, and alerting the corresponding engineering and support teams of potential issues. In the event that a service impacting event does occur, they are responsible for business communication and outage management with the goal of minimizing mean time to repair.
The person in this role will be responsible for coordinating with business and tech teams to work to improve our processes to better meet the ever-changing needs of Red Ventures. The best candidates will be people leaders that are able to create concise processes that are easy to learn and follow. While the NOC manager will be focused on maintaining system uptime for all of RV’s tech systems, they will also be equally focused on the career development of his/her staff. Personal and professional development of the employees on the NOC team will be a major contributing factor to the success of this role.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience as a team lead or manager in the past, preferably managing or working very closely with a NOC team
- 5+ years working with computer applications and advanced browser-based systems such as web portals, monitoring systems and similar
- Experience working in a ticketing system, with heavy emphasis on defining metrics to measure success for the team
- Previous success implementing and adhering to SLAs
- Experience creating and using runbooks for complex troubleshooting procedures
- Technical background with emphasis on Windows/Linux server administration experience, Scripting and/or automation, or Network administration or server monitoring experience a plus.
- Proven ability to multi-task and follow guidelines and instructions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to focus and stay cool under stress.
- Excellent written and verbal skills – you will be the primary communicator to lots of folks during outages and issues which occur.
- This role requires some flexibility in your schedule as our NOC Specialist are working around the clock to ensure our systems are always running
- A good sense of humor.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company's proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.