US ECONOMY REPORTER
Want to do great journalism at one of the most respected personal finance websites on the planet?
Bankrate.com, a division of Red Ventures, is looking for a sharp, innovative reporter to cover the Federal Reserve and US economy, particularly in how major developments affect consumers.
Ideal candidates will have experience writing for consumers and developing relevant sources. The reporter will develop and write engaging articles, quizzes, and interactive features. The reporter will respond quickly to news events, explaining to consumers how it affects them. Experience writing for search engine optimization is a must.
We are seeking a reporter who is an expert on the economy, and has a passion for great, innovative storytelling. The position can be based in New York or Washington DC.
- Report and publish daily news stories and represent Bankrate as a spokesperson as needed.
- Be deeply engaged on data for our editorial coverage and data as it relates to story performance on Bankrate to make informed decisions about coverage.
- Consistently improve the quality of Bankrate’s editorial coverage.
- Understand metrics of our storytelling and allow them to inform our decisions.
- Actively follow and report on interest rates, the economy, and the Federal Reserve.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry sources.
- Come up with ideas and create content in story form, blogs, quizzes and interactives.
- Be engaged in social media, staying current with trends in social media.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Attend industry conferences to speak about investing topics and create content for one-off features and special requests.
- Knowledgeable of economics, the Federal Reserve, and how interest rates affect consumers.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a reporter/writer.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Bankrate.com helps users find and compare rates on financial products like mortgages, credit cards, auto loans, savings accounts, home equity loans and more. We also publish original and objective content to help users make smart financial decisions. Our award-winning writers provide expert advice on nearly every financial decision you encounter – from purchasing your first home to choosing a credit card to saving for retirement. Owned by privately held marketing company Red Ventures, Bankrate is growing and seeking new team members to join its existing staff of talented writers, editors, designers, developers, marketers, and strategists.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.