Junior Product Manager
We are seeking a Junior Product Manager to play an integral role in our product development efforts for Bankrate's business as we continue to develop our partner relationships and build new offerings. If you are passionate about personal finance, obsess over user experience, and have a strong desire to connect users with the right products, this role will be a great fit!
Located in downtown Detroit, Red Ventures has a fresh, fun, and creative environment you won't find anywhere else. As a Product Manager, you'll work with top talent including designers, engineers, product managers, and leaders on an exciting and fast-paced team.
- Drive product efforts for Bankrate.com and act as the subject matter expert on the business
- Work with software engineers, designers, and analysts to quickly iterate and launch A/B tests
- Identify key growth and retention triggers and implement product features to increase user LTV
- Contribute to product roadmap development based on a deep understanding of Bankrate's strategy, advertiser needs, market trends and the competitive landscape
- Design functional specifications and be able to facilitate feature, resource, and timeline tradeoff decisions
- Gather product requirements, support product development, and coordinate the development process for timely product and program launches
- Communicate strategy effectively to a diverse audience including executive management and business partners
- 0-3 years of experience in product management or a related field.
- Highly quantitative, analytical, and business minded.
- Outstanding intellect, drive, and interpersonal skills and the desire to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to make smart feature versus time-to-market trade-offs. Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value.
- Proven proactive approach to product management, with strong follow-through, resourcefulness, attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working on agile enabled teams.
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of productivity, adaptability, innovation and follow-through.
Education: BS degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent) is a plus.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specialize in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.
Bankrate is a leading publisher, aggregator, and distributor of personal finance content. Bankrate provides consumers with fully researched, comprehensive, independent and objective personal finance editorial content across multiple vertical categories including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards, and other categories, such as retirement, automobile loans, and taxes. For over two decades Bankrate.com has been a leading personal finance destination. Bankrate aggregates rate information from over 4,800 institutions on more than 300 financial products. With coverage for over 600 local markets, Bankrate generates rate tables in all 50 US states. Bankrate develops and provides web services to more than 100 co-branded websites with online partners such as Bloomberg, Comcast, Yahoo! And CNBC.