We are seeking a Database Administrator to join our team. At Red Ventures, our team of DBAs collaborate daily with software engineers, BI data analysts and business leaders to discuss schema design, query optimization, and large scale database design and deployments in physical, virtual and cloud environments. The DBA team at Red Ventures is responsible for supporting hundreds of production MySQL instances, and play a critical role as part of our IT Operations team. We not only depend on the DBA team to support all existing database infrastructure, but also play a large role in future database infrastructure changes and improvements in our fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
- Production Database Administration experience in Percona MySQL, Oracle MySQL, MariaDB or Postgres
- Linux experience as it pertains to database performance and log monitoring, installation and upgrades.
- Experience and passion for troubleshooting performance anomalies both at the database and the system level by working closely with other DBA’s and systems team members.
- Experience working with (or willingness to dive in and learn quickly) AWS databases and services
- Ability and willingness to speak confidently and passionately when advising application engineers on proper database schema design and SQL performance tuning.
- Scripting and automation using one of: shell, Python, Go, Perl, PHP
- This role requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specialize in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.