As a staff reporter for CreditCards.com, you’ll be responsible for producing news and feature articles related to personal finance and credit cards. You’ll pitch, write and edit articles covering credit card usage, issuers, rewards, points and miles, credit scores, advice, breaking news and more. You’ll also have the opportunity to wrap your arms around a specific beat – such as credit scores, rewards or digital payments – and become a true expert on that topic.
The right candidate is able to identify interesting topics and connect with the right sources to develop quality, engaging stories with a quick turnaround. This position also works closely with SEO and marketing analysts to identify the themes that are most relevant to our audience.
- Identify, pitch, write and edit credit-card related stories
- Produce high-quality, well-researched stories at a fast pace
- Work closely with SEO and marketing analysts to develop strategy
- Assist our editors with publishing stories and landing pages using a WordPress CMS
- 3-5 years of experience as a full-time reporter, writer or editor
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with content and marketing teams
- Ability to manage details and multiple projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback
- Experience in credit cards or personal finance is preferred
- Experience with a WordPress CMS and HTML/CSS are pluses
CreditCards.com is the leading online credit card marketplace connecting customers with multiple credit card issuers, including a majority of the 10 largest in the United States based on credit card transaction volume. CreditCards.com enables consumers to search for, compare, and apply for credit cards and offers credit card issuers an online channel to acquire qualified applications.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.