Do you have a passion for economic mobility and ensuring students' success? Are you looking to develop your education and communication skills by spending time constructing lessons and teaching in a collaborative classroom setting? Do you appreciate diversity, fast, challenging environments and receiving feedback in order to grow professionally? If not, then this is not the role for you. But if so, keep reading.
Who we are:
Road to Hire is a non profit organization focused on economic mobility in the greater Charlotte area. We place 18-25 year old individuals in a paid program where we teach professional development through one of two tracks; Sales and Leadership or Tech. Upon graduating the program, we help students with job placement in the Charlotte area.
What we need from you:
Road to Hire is looking for an intern to help with our Sales and Leadership program. Your responsibilities will help ensure the success of the students participating in our programs. This individual will report to one of our Sales and Leadership educators and have the following responsibilities: build curriculum for professional development, create assessments for Road to Hire classes, prepare curriculum and class audits while also perform ongoing research for career placement partnerships.
What you'll get from us:
- $10 / hour pay
- Exposure to our classroom settings and programs
- Experience in creating curriculum and preparing curriculum audits
- The opportunity to build relationships with our students
- Professional coaching and feedback
- Potential hire on upon completion of internship
- Junior or Senior College Student based in the Fort Mill / Charlotte Area
- Ability to work 20 hours a week
- Passion for educating
- Ability to begin internship ASAP (this is not strictly a summer internship)
- Coachable. The ability to receive feedback in order to grow is a must.
- Accountable. We are owners of our projects and our mistakes.
- Adaptable. Things move fast; it's essential that we tackle all obstacles.
- Humor. We have a seriously fun time.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for educating and economic mobility. The desire to work in a diverse environment, humor, proactive communication, the desire for feedback and setting goals are just a few of the important qualities we are looking for in a candidate. If this is you, apply below.