Red Ventures is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Bankrate.com business in Detroit.
We're seeking a passionate, results-oriented, and innovative individual to lead the creation of amazing technology solutions across multiple businesses. You'll work with talented designers, product managers, developers, and business intelligence analysts as you guide architecture, author code, and scale services across Bankrate.com. We believe in software craftsmanship and that there is real value in developing software that can be easily understood, maintained, and extended. At Red Ventures we are all about teamwork, accountability, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We work hard, but do so in a collaborative, fun, and flexible work environment.
Located in downtown Detroit, Red Ventures has a fresh, fun, and creative environment you won’t find anywhere else. If you have a strong will to learn and are motivated by delighting users through technology, then we'd love to hear from you!
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Writing excellent code on the platform and services that power Bankrate.com
- Contributing to key architectural decisions
- Figuring out how to best scale and maintain the platform through monitoring, analytics, and profiling
- Actively pair-programming with teammates when they need help
- Mentoring other engineers and technical individuals
- Drive formal and informal code reviews
- Encourage best-practices in code structure and toolchain across the team and company
- Collaborating with product owners, scrum masters, and other developers to deliver a quality product
Required technical characteristics:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Deep knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience architecting and building APIs
- Experience educating/mentoring fellow developers
- Constant curiosity and a desire to improve yourself and your colleagues
Experience building and scaling high-performance distributed systems
- You're addicted to building performant applications
- An eye toward security
- Experience and exposure to DevOps cultures and practices, such as infrastructure as code, monitoring, logging, and continuous delivery
- Familiarity with modern application design, such as serverless, event-based, and functional architectures
- Interest in both frontend and backend development
- Contributions to open source projects
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specialize in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.
Bankrate is a leading publisher, aggregator, and distributor of personal finance content. Bankrate provides consumers with fully researched, comprehensive, independent and objective personal finance editorial content across multiple vertical categories including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards, and other categories, such as retirement, automobile loans, and taxes. For over two decades Bankrate.com has been a leading personal finance destination. Bankrate aggregates rate information from over 4,800 institutions on more than 300 financial products. With coverage for over 600 local markets, Bankrate generates rate tables in all 50 US states. Bankrate develops and provides web services to more than 100 cobranded websites with online partners such as Bloomberg, Comcast, Yahoo! And CNBC.