We are seeking a highly motivated, organized individual with a proven track record of success to join our communications team in Midtown Manhattan. The public relations specialist will help grow brand awareness and media placement for Red Ventures and its category-leading financial services websites including, Bankrate, CreditCards.com and The Points Guy. Our experts regularly appear on national television outlets such as ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, CNBC, Bloomberg, Fox Business and many others. Our properties are also a fixture in print (The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, etc.) and on the radio (NPR, ABC News Radio, CBS Radio and more).
- Write strategic news releases and pitches for distribution to media sources
- Maintain relationships with reporters to garner positive coverage in all types of media, including print, broadcast and online
- Data analysis of national survey results
- Provide rapid responses to media inquiries, ensuring that reporters get accurate and appropriate information
- Develop innovative approaches to distribute content and promote the company
- Develop and manage media lists and databases
- Track, download and report on media coverage
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Highly motivated and organized
- 2+ years of public relations experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Bankrate.com helps users find and compare rates on financial products like mortgages, credit cards, auto loans, savings accounts, home equity loans and more. We also publish original and objective content to help users make smart financial decisions. Our award-winning writers provide expert advice on nearly every financial decision you encounter – from purchasing your first home to choosing a credit card to saving for retirement. Owned by privately held marketing company Red Ventures, Bankrate is growing and seeking new team members to join its existing staff of talented writers, editors, designers, developers, marketers, and strategists.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.