Red Ventures is both a marketing and a technology company. We are expanding both nationally and globally. We operate in a myriad of industries, each with unique compliance and legal needs.
With an environment that presents unique and changing challenges, it’s with excitement that we begin our search for a talented, multi-faceted Governance, Risk, and Compliance Analyst.
A successful candidate needs to possess a general understanding of US and International information security laws, regulations, and industry best practices. Under the direction of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and the Information Security Director, you will work and interact with bright and energetic people throughout the organization. This candidate will reside in the Detroit or surrounding area and work out of the Detroit office.
- Supports the organization's information security program to ensure consistent, effective practices which minimize risk and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of organizational assets.
- Collaborates with other members of the information security and privacy team to ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs including policies, practices, investigations, and acts as a liaison to the organization’s technical and business stakeholders.
- Evaluates whether appropriate administrative, technical, and physical controls are in place and aligned with the organization's business needs and strategic direction relative to all aspects of security and related compliance.
- Works with technology and business teams to develop and document risk mitigation action plans, along with recommendations to reduce information security risk within their areas.
- Assists with the remediation of security assessment findings and recommendations.
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of emerging trends in information security risks; applies new techniques and trends, in-line with overall information security objectives and risk tolerance.
- Tests information security controls, across multiple business processes and/or locations, ensuring implementation techniques meet the intent of organizational compliance frameworks and security requirements.
- Reviews enterprise agreements and/or contracts ensuring alignment with organizational security requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable privacy and security compliance laws, regulations, and accreditation standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience in one or more functions: information technology, software engineering, or computer networking.
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience in one or more functions: risk management, audit, compliance, or privacy.
- 3 – 5 years in financial services or heavily regulated industry preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in information privacy and security laws and practices (ISO 27000, PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOC, SOX, GLBA, GDPR).
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving to achieve goals.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work alone or in small teams, achieve established goals and objectives, and communicate progress in a timely and meaningful manner.
- Ability to understand information security and network risks, with knowledge of information technology and security, including Linux, Windows and networking environments.
- Current information security certifications such as CEH, CISM, CISSP, GSEC are preferred.
- Open-minded, adaptable and passionate about learning.
- Occasional travel when required. At least once per quarter in a calendar year.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services in the home services, financial services, and healthcare industries. We use advanced analytics, data science, and integrated technology to cultivate and customize digital connections between brands and customers. We marry the speed of a start-up, the DNA of a digital agency, the strategic thinking of a consultancy, and the analytical skills of a big data company. Red Ventures is headquartered in Charlotte, NC and has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US as well as in Brazil and London.
Bankrate is a leading publisher, aggregator, and distributor of personal finance content. Bankrate provides consumers with fully researched, comprehensive, independent and objective personal finance editorial content across multiple vertical categories including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards, and other categories, such as retirement, automobile loans, and taxes. For over two decades Bankrate.com has been a leading personal finance destination. Bankrate aggregates rate information from over 4,800 institutions on more than 300 financial products. With coverage for over 600 local markets, Bankrate generates rate tables in all 50 US states. Bankrate develops and provides web services to more than 100 cobranded websites with online partners such as Bloomberg, Comcast, Yahoo! And CNBC.