As a Senior Writer, Credit Card Industry for CreditCards.com you'll be responsible for covering the credit card industry with an emphasis on legislation and regulation around monetary policy, household debt, consumer protection, credit card debt and the credit reporting industry. You'll pitch, write and research full features, daily briefs and breaking news on related topics on a daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal basis. The right candidate is an experienced reporter covering the Federal Reserve, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the American Bankers Association, the national credit bureaus and other similar federal agencies and private financial institutions with a keen eye for identifying how public and private policies affect credit card holders.
- Cover the NY Fed Survey of Consumer Expectations, the CFPB complaint report and the Fed’s g.19 Consumer Credit Report on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Cover the Federal Open Market Committee monetary policy statement and press release, the Fed Senior Loan Officers Survey, the NY Fed Household Debt & Credit Report, ABA’s Credit Card Market Monitor and other similar consumer-related reports on a quarterly basis.
- Cover the CFPB report on credit card market, the CFPB College Card Agreements, Experian’s State of Credit report, Fed’s report to Congress on credit card bank profitability and other similar consumer-related reports on an annual basis.
- Write two full features on related topics every month.
- React to breaking news around consumer protections and the credit card industry on a daily basis.
- Update CreditCards.com statistics database based on reports covered on a regular basis.
- Occasionally support PR efforts with media interviews around covered topics.
- 3-5 years of experience as a full-time reporter covering the credit card industry and/or monetary policy.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to react quickly to breaking news.
- Ability to manage details and multiple projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback.
- Knowledge of SEO, social media and data reporting best practices a plus.
CreditCards.com is the leading online credit card marketplace connecting customers with multiple credit card issuers, including a majority of the 10 largest in the United States based on credit card transaction volume. CreditCards.com enables consumers to search for, compare, and apply for credit cards and offers credit card issuers an online channel to acquire qualified applications.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.