The Points Guy is the leading website for people looking to travel using points and miles. Our team is collaborative, relaxed and entrepreneurial. We are undertaking major site work so the experience is best in class, like our content.
We are seeking a Senior Front End Developer that will bring to life unique user experiences across digital platforms, products and devices. You will push the envelope to continuously innovate the interactive and mobile user experience. You will challenge your peers as much as they will challenge you in an environment where Engineers, UX/UI Designers and Data Strategists join forces to kick ass.
Principle duties & responsibilities:
- Develop the scope and timelines for all front-end code tasks/projects
- Owns projects - Make the high-level, critical technical decisions regarding the front-end UI of any site/application/project supported
- Support fellow team members in the completion of their assigned tasks
- Provide mentorship and the transfer of knowledge to fellow team members
- Provide expert technical direction, communication, and feedback to the business team
- Strong business acumen/tech translator
- Design strategic solutions
Required technical experience:
- 5-7+ years of professional relevant experience in the role building websites, the front-end interfaces of web applications, or the like.
- Git version control
- Build systems – Gulp (preferred), Grunt, Webpack (second preference), NPM, Bower
- Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and Sketch (where the designs come from)
Expert knowledge and practical implementation of:
- Semantic markup using HTML5
- CSS through the use of pre-processors such as LESS, SASS, etc.
- Can develop fully responsive websites (using CSS media queries… JS-based solutions not accepted as meeting these criteria)
- Create clean, well organized and structured code in all of the above
- Advanced debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with build tools (Grunt, Gulp, NPM, Bower, Webpack)
- Experience with version control tools (Git)
- Expert ability to scope and timeline a technical front-end project with the understanding and ability to gather the necessary inputs on their own
- Expert ability to make the right technical decisions to build a solution meeting the requirements (expertise in technical options/approaches combined with project requirements and constraints)
- Have the capability to architect a performant, scalable, and reliable technical solution to meet business needs and technical constraints
- Understanding of further reaching technical concepts (API’s, modular concepts, modular CSS, JS etc.
- Influential communicator with technical and non-technical individuals
- Share their knowledge and grow fellow developers through documentation, code reviews, mentorship, and training
- Can work autonomously and self-initiated
Things that will impress us:
- Advanced-to-expert knowledge of Web standards, semantics, and advanced concepts such as asynchronous development, repeatable patterns, modular concepts
- js/Vue.js expertise (these two are preferred, but Angular would get some points)
- Ability to architect and develop their own API’s
- Ability to architect and develop build scripts (Gulp and Webpack preferred)
- Ability to develop Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), Electron apps, React Native apps, or mobile native apps
- Ability to somewhat cross the threshold into the backend (those that go more full-stack)
- Practical Implementation of Web Accessibility Standards (compliance with WCAG 2.0 Level AA preferred)
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing acumen concepts and principles (SEO, SEM, PPC, etc)
- Building their own side projects showing more advanced skills
- Contributing to an open source project
- Volunteering time educating/mentoring fellow developers
Why work at TPG?
If you’re looking to get in on the ground floor and gain leadership experience while making a meaningful impact at a growing company
If you, like us, value the entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative innovation, and a healthy work-life balance
If you’re excited to have flexible PTO, free lunches, office dogs galore, and tons of unreal travel perks
If you want to feel proud to work for a company that truly cares about corporate responsibility/social good and gives back to the international community through charitable action
About The Points Guy
The Points Guy is the leading site devoted to helping its 7+ monthly million readers around the world maximize their travel and stay up to date on travel news. Founded in 2010 and owned privately held performance marketing company Red Ventures, TPG is growing by leaps and bounds and is seeking new team members to join its existing staff of accomplished writers, editors, videographers, experiential marketers, social experts, analysts, and strategists.
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specialize in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provide better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.