The Points Guy is the leading website for people looking to travel using points and miles. Our team is collaborative, relaxed and entrepreneurial. We are undertaking major site work so the experience is best in class, like our content.
The Digital Project Manager coordinates the production of The Points Guy’s website. You'll partner with stakeholders to create and maintain schedules, communicate progress and status of multiple projects, coordinate people and resources, identify challenges, and recommend solutions. Our business needs and site needs are quickly evolving targets. That means you'll be juggling multiple plates in a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment.
As Project Manager, you’ll guide the team from project launch to deployment to ensure deadlines are met on time, within budget, and at the highest level of quality.
- Be extremely solutions oriented and an excellent communicator
- Manage design and development teams and the process on all providing solutions for issues as they arise
- Create and manage project timelines to ensure projects are completed efficiently, on time, and within budget
- Be involved in all project kick off meetings to help determine team strategy, milestones, scope, and production schedule
- Conduct resource and requirement gathering—be the person who understands the requirements the most
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of each member involved on any particular project
- Anticipate obstacles and overcome them with the team in a proactive manner
- Supervise testing process alongside technical and production teams
- Communicate project status directly to executive team members
- Help build, develop and encourage new "production processes" for our designers, developers, and producers in order to accommodate expansion of the company services and the new types of work we bring in
- Identify project scope and write proposals
- Strategic project planning and basic information architecture on large-scale projects
- Be a skilled, creative and confident presenter and negotiator
- 7+ years of hands-on project management/producing experience in the digital field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of common software such as Jira, Microsoft Office, Slack, Redbooth, etc.
- Ability to manage a project from start to finish as well as oversee general production of multiple projects at one time
- Experience with agile methodologies highly preferred
- Strong desire to make smart, cool, innovative stuff without the "perfect" guidebook on how to do it
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with credit cards and travel sector
About The Points Guy:
The Points Guy (TPG) is a trusted travel and lifestyle media platform that focuses on maximizing travel experiences while minimizing spending. Through an informative, clear point of view, TPG has become the leading online resource for all things points, miles and resourceful travel experiences. The site's editorial content consists of first-hand flight, hotel and airplane reviews, curated travel guides, immersive video components, as well as global event activations. Since its launch in 2010, Founder and CEO Brian Kelly has expanded the team to include a distinguished editorial staff and extensive network of freelancer contacts from around the globe. Today, TPG reaches 7 million unique monthly visitors and more than 2.3 million followers across social media platforms.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.