The Points Guy is the leading website for people looking to travel using points and miles. Our team is collaborative, relaxed and entrepreneurial. We are undertaking major site work so the experience is best in class, like our content.
We’re looking for a thoughtful and passionate UX/UI designer to join our design team. You will become a central part of the team, working directly with key stakeholders and alongside engineers to build user-centric solutions. We prefer designers experienced in multiple design disciplines and fluent in the language of how digital products and websites work today.
Who you are:
- You’re comfortable with the design process from brainstorming to implementation
- You have experience working closely with developers, product managers and other designers as well as stakeholders
- You’re comfortable presenting to your work internally and to stakeholders
- You’re able to take the lead in design conversations
- You’re able to create and execute designs both from a blank slate and within existing work
- You’re excited about learning new skills and exploring new interface paradigms
- You love what you do and get excited about the future of products
What you have:
- 5+ years experience creating digital and responsive design for web and mobile
- Portfolio of design work that demonstrates a meticulous, thoughtful approach and attention to detail with a proven history of successful design implementations
- Deep expertise with Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud and experience of documenting your designs
- Ability to collaborate and rapidly adapt to feedback, and a willingness to give and accept constructive criticism
- Strong understanding of typography, information hierarchy, color, and other UI concerns
- Proven ability to create logos and iconography
- Understanding of web standards, browser and mobile capabilities, and UX best practices
- A positive attitude, a sense of humor and a desire to build accessible products for all users
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with credit cards and travel sector
About The Points Guy:
The Points Guy (TPG) is a trusted travel and lifestyle media platform that focuses on maximizing travel experiences while minimizing spending. Through an informative, clear point of view, TPG has become the leading online resource for all things points, miles and resourceful travel experiences. The site's editorial content consists of first-hand flight, hotel and airplane reviews, curated travel guides, immersive video components, as well as global event activations. Since its launch in 2010, Founder and CEO Brian Kelly has expanded the team to include a distinguished editorial staff and extensive network of freelancer contacts from around the globe. Today, TPG reaches 7 million unique monthly visitors and more than 2.3 million followers across social media platforms.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.