The mission of our data team at Red Ventures to make data easy-to-use for everyone. We are hiring Data Engineers who are excited to overcome challenges, work with the latest AWS technologies, and continue making our data better.
You will join a team of highly skilled engineers who design, develop and automate high-quality, scalable solutions across the entire data lifecycle, from raw data to powerful insights and analytics.
This role will help develop and support ETL pipelines that support business reporting needs and application engineering teams.
They will own the process end-to-end – understand business context, write production quality code, follow SDLC best practices, modeling database tables, and operational excellence (monitoring, alerting)
If you want to be a part of a dynamic team solving business problems using data, this is the role for you.
- Expert SQL skills
- Experience with data warehousing and data modeling
- Programming experience: either a scripting language like R/Python or experience with more traditional programming/data processing languages (Spark/Java)
- Strong communicator, able to understand business requirements and communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Innovative and comfortable with speed and rapidly changing business environment
- Autonomous self-starter with a bias towards impact
- Experience with Airflow a plus, more generally experience and expertise with ETL (Alooma, Airflow, Microsoft SSIS, etc.) and reporting (PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, etc.) tools
Nice to haves:
- Linux common working knowledge, including navigating through the file system and simple bash scripting
- General knowledge of distributed systems and distributed data processing frameworks
- Experience with Storm or Cassandra is a plus
- Knowledge about agile software processes
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science, and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.