Reviews.com is seeking an Editor to join our content team. This is an opportunity for an editor, experienced in both copy editing and developmental editing, to collaborate with a growing team to create in-depth product reviews and other compelling content for our millions of monthly online visitors. Ideal candidates will have a passion for creating content with high journalistic integrity while keeping in mind marketing best practices.
- Lead the strategic vision and production of reviews and other content
- Mentor writers on voice, decision-making, and content strategy principles
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and analysts
- Find ways to optimize processes and innovate in your own work
- Audience research — know how to quickly dive deep and surface reader questions.
- Data-driven decision making — know how to collect and interpret data (SEO, or product specs/attributes) to strength the editorial angle of a piece.
- Project management — can prioritize the dozens of timelines, projects, and tasks you’ll be responsible for each month. Know how to adapt editing style based on content type/goals/time.
- Crafting feedback — can quickly offer developmental, structural, and copy edits.
- CMS skills — experience working in and mastering a content management system, ideally Wordpress.
- Cross-functional leadership – clearly and effectively communicates content needs to other stakeholders one on one, in larger team meetings, and over email.
- Knowledge of AP style
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, English, or Journalism
- 2-5 years of editing experience preferred
Reviews.com is dedicated to helping our visitors find the product or service that’s right for them. We research, test and review a variety of products and services to make recommendations for people, whether they’re in the research or ready-to-buy phase.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.