Do you have a passion for driving business results through People Leadership and Employee Relations? If so, Red Ventures as an outstanding opportunity for an HR Director role. The ideal candidate will have a background in the Generalist discipline, experience leading a team of HR professionals, extensive employee relations experience as well as experience and a passion for moving fast and making an impact. Sound like you? Then read on!
What’s the role?
The HR Director role requires a unique blend of strategic leadership and tactical execution. Success is determined by proficiency in leadership, developing and driving strategy on key HR initiatives, and individual execution on various role responsibilities (see below), all within an entrepreneurial culture. Additionally, the HR Director will operate as a strategic and solutions-oriented business partner across the organization. As a strategic thought leader and executor, you’ll play a meaningful role in developing and implementing strategies for our Sales Center organization. As an engaging people leader, you’ll lead a team of HR Managers and HR Generalists who support employees across Red Ventures’ five Sales Center locations. As an individual executor, you’ll take on significant HR practice and policy initiatives, work through performance management and employee relations situations, and partner with Sales Center business leadership to drive performance. This role reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Human Resources.
- Ensure excellent HR practice and partnership for Red Ventures’ Sales Center organization, which includes Sales Centers in multiple states and approximately 2,000 employees
- Manage and develop our team of HR Managers, Generalists and other team members related partnership with business teams, performance management, employee relations, and talent development
- Guide and coach the team as they partner with managers and other staff to facilitate the resolution of employee relations' issues and the rollout of HR programs, policies and initiatives.
- Partner closely with and advise business leaders on HR initiatives and employee relations issues.
- Initiate and implement strategic initiatives and progressive Human Resources programs that will enhance overall culture and organizational effectiveness.
- Review and evaluate disciplinary actions ensure consistent application of company policies, federal and state laws.
- Ensure policies, practices and procedures are administered in a fair and consistent manner and in accordance with all applicable laws.
- 5-7 years of direct HR experience with an expertise in performance management, employee relations situations, and business partnership
- Minimum of 3 years previous leadership/managerial experience.
- A bachelor's degree in business, HR or a related field.
- Extensive working knowledge of state and federal employment and benefit-related law is required including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, Title VII, COBRA, Affordable Care Act, HIPPA, and ERISA.
- Experience in coaching and advising employees at multiple levels from front-line non-exempt employees to business leaders.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Demonstrated ability to influence, communicate and build relationships at all levels.
- Knowledge of current benefits trends/practices; experience working with outside legal counsel and consultants, as well as managing vendors.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), preferably in human capital modules, analytics and reporting (e.g. Workday).
- Highly motivated self-starter who is adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results-driven, rapidly changing environment - with minimal daily oversight
- Strong preference for past experience with a best-in-class employer with strong, innovative HR practices and benefits
- Professional designations (SPHR) are desirable.
- Competitive Spirit: Our team is driven, goal-oriented and always up for a challenge.
- A sense of humor and ability to have FUN! At RV we work hard, play hard and have fun along the way.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.