Software Engineer Associate Program: 2017
Red Ventures is not like most companies, and our associates aren’t like most associates.
It’s not an internship. It’s not a co-op. It’s a full time job for seniors coming out of college ready to learn and grow their passion for computer science! Our Software Engineering Associates will join the RV team and gain hands on experience building products and programs that the end-user (some of the nation’s largest brands) will actually use! You will work on a variety of projects, ranging from customer facing websites, social API integrations, proprietary search marketing and more. You will have the opportunity to own a project from production to deployment, expand your tech stack, and work alongside a dedicated team of industry-leading Engineers.
Our facilities are reminiscent of Silicon Valley – but you won’t be expected to put in those west coast hours. Red Ventures believes in rewarding our employees for the work that they do and not how many hours that they stay at the office (we don’t have sleeping pods– but we do have beer on tap!). We also have a basketball court, a bowling alley, two onsite cafes and a technology department that is constantly innovating.
At Red Ventures, you are rewarded for the risks you take, the passion you share and the amazing work that you create.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Autonomously manage your own project timelines in our fast-paced environment
- Architect and develop web-based applications and components for high-traffic consumer-facing websites
- Collaborate with business leaders and analysts to determine business requirements and then rapidly translate them into creative and effective solutions
- Work with automated build and unit testing platforms
- Sometimes awkwardly laugh at our CTO’s jokes #careerdevelopment
What Experiences will Make Me Successful at RV?
(Nice to Haves – not Must Haves)
- Major in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other related fields
- Hands-on experience in software design and backend coding through internships, work experience, or side projects
- Object Oriented Programming and software design ability
- Ability to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code
- Highly self-motivated, creative problem-solver, and quick learner
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
What is the Red Ventures Associate Program:
Our Computer Software Associates will onboard with our Analyst Associates, and will get to experience group on-boarding, company sponsored events, and on-the-job training. Given our intense focus on talent management, new college graduates starting in one of these positions can experience unparalleled career progression. College graduates have the opportunity to prove themselves and quickly take on new responsibilities and challenges. Even as a new associate, you’ll have daily exposure to our executive team and benefit from their experience, including tier-one MBA programs like Harvard Business School, Stanford Business School, and Wharton Business School!