Software Engineer, Data Science Team
The data science systems engineer is an integral part of the data science team and is responsible for architecture, implementation, and testing of data science platforms and operationalizing projects from the team. As such, the data science engineer will work closely with data scientists to understand algorithmic details and other RV engineers to understand possible integrations. The data science team is working on a number of business problems in an effort to provide lift and enrichment over top of traditional analyst driven research. The software engineer we’re looking for will help us out by:
- Improving our custom modeling pipeline powered by Apache Spark and real-time predictive outcome platform
- Building and maintaining analytical products to provide insights back to business analysts
- Improving our self-service data science platform that analysts use to implement their own solutions
- BS/BA/MS in CS or equivalent experience or training
- 3+ years of experience with high-level programming languages (C#, Go, Python, Scala, Java, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with modern databases (SQL, Mongo, Redis, etc)
- Have worked on projects driven by data in the past (visualization, decision making)
- Experience with Hadoop / Spark, and other big data technologies
- Comfortable acting as a liaison between business, data-science, and engineering teams to see projects driven forward, completed, and utilized
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver
- Experience with a statistical computing environment (prefer R but scikit-learn, pandas, SASS, Matlab are acceptable)
- Knowledge of data science (e.g., machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining)
- Experience deploying analytical solutions in production environments, especially in near real-time settings
- Experience building products that analyze and visualize data
You should apply if:
- You think of data in your applications as a first-class citizen, not a byproduct.
- You’ve got experience with application development, and you’re really excited about interacting with real-time data and exploring how it could greatly impact the organization.
- You enjoy working with modern programming languages, but aren’t married to any particular one. You believe in using the right tool for the job.
- You are analytical and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time.
- You want to develop tools and applications to empower other people to succeed.
- You want to work closely with data scientists to solve business critical problems.
- You want to work in a fun, fast-paced environment specializing in an incredibly hot field.
You should not apply if:
- You are looking for a BI engineer position (although we have positions open for some of those as well!)
- You are looking for a data scientist position. While there may be opportunities to contribute to data science at RV, your primary role will be supporting this team and bringing their solutions to the masses.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a technology-driven digital marketing and sales company. We focus on solving complex business problems for our partners, which include some of the nations’ largest brands, by combining advanced data analytics with proprietary, built in-house technology to help us generate demand and attract potential customers with incredible efficiency.
We combine the speed and creativity of a start-up, the strategic thinking of a management consultancy, and the technology development and analytics of a software company– all under one roof. Couple that with a culture built on speed, innovation and collaboration and you’ll find that Red Ventures is a place unlike any other.