Data Science at Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a digital consumer choice platform and digital marketing company based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare. Data drives everything at Red Ventures. We are maniacal about metrics and in a continuous race to find ways to mine, manipulate and collect data that will give us a significant advantage over our competition.
The Data Science team at Red Ventures is a tight-knit, fast-paced and even faster-growing team working with a large amount of complete and powerful data. From identifying the right consumer audience, creating a personalized experience, to recommending the products/services that best fit each customer’s needs, the Data Science team at Red Ventures drives growth for every aspect of our multi-billion dollar business. We are achieving that by using advanced statistic modeling, machine learning, and optimization technologies and turning them into real-time solutions for decision making online and offline.
Responsible for contributing to ongoing data science efforts, growing and scaling the data science team, and identifying significant business opportunities where data science can help. You’ll help us better leverage our full funnel of data to optimize our existing businesses, guide decisions, and set a data science strategy that will secure our position not just as a partner to clients but as a leader in the industry as a whole.
Red Ventures is a highly collaborative, fast-paced, results-driven atmosphere, which means you’ll also be counted on to mentor and guide less experienced data science analysts and serve as a business interface for the data science team by working with business teams to identify potential opportunities and to report progress on initiatives.
And, just in case that didn’t sound like enough fun, we’ll also expect you to dive into our entire business model, creating and expanding expertise in digital marketing and customer acquisition so that you can continue to maximize the impact of Data Science at Red Ventures.
A Data Science will own all facets of projects including mining existing data, prototyping solutions, deploying in production, and monitoring performance. Minimum skill requirements are as follows:
- Proficient at translating business opportunities into data science problems and defining the right project scope and performance metric to measure success. Comfortable acting as a liaison between business, data science, and engineering to monitor and implement projects through completion
- Proven track records of developing and deploying data science solutions in a production environment, especially in near real-time settings
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking to assess the value and risk of data science-driven business opportunities, and prioritize the projects/resources accordingly to deliver them on time.
- Proficient at collecting and mining data from different sources using technologies like SQL, Pig, Cassandra, and HBase
- Expertise in statistical modeling, machine learning, and optimization with applications in digital marketing and customer acquisitions.
- Expert at analyzing data and building predictive models inside a statistical computing environment (e.g., R, SPSS, Matlab, Octave)
- 6+ years of experience with a high-level programming language (e.g., Java, Python, C/C++) and 2+ years mentoring other data scientists
- 5+ years of experience with a high-level programming language (e.g., Java, Python, C/C++)
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
- Experience with data visualization and data visualization tools
- Refined written and verbal communication skills that enable effective communication to multiple, often non-technical, audiences
- Experience and expertise in internet marketing data collection and metrics is preferred
What’s in it for you:
- Assist in creating and driving the vision, strategy, and implementation of the company-wide data science group.
- Work with experienced data scientists to solve business-critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer acquisition activities.
- See your contributions make consumers’ lives easier and create a material impact on a business.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has more than 2,700 employees in offices across the Carolinas, Seattle, Washington, and Sao Paulo, Brazil.