Data Science at Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a digital consumer choice platform and digital marketing company based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare. Data drives everything at Red Ventures. We are maniacal about metrics and in a continuous race to find ways to mine, manipulate and collect data that will give us a significant advantage over our competition.
The Data Science team at Red Ventures is a tight-knit, fast-paced and even faster-growing team working with a large amount of complete and powerful data. From identifying the right consumer audience, creating a personalized experience, to recommending the products/services that best fit each customer’s needs, the Data Science team at Red Ventures drives growth for every aspect of our multi-billion-dollar business. We are achieving that by using advanced statistic modeling, machine learning, and optimization technologies and turning them into real-time solutions for decision making online and offline.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will own large data science projects/programs by leading a multi-disciplinary team. You will be a key contributor of the overall technology and organizational strategy for the data science team and broader Red Ventures organization. You will mentor and/or manage junior members of the data science team and serve as a subject matter of expertise of data science internally and externally.
- Understands business strategy and identifies innovative data science opportunities that can lead to significant business impact.
- Sets strategy and execution plan for large data science initiatives, projects and programs.
- Drives projects forwards with high efficiency and effectiveness.
- Foresees technical, business and execution risks in projects and strategically makes decisions to mitigate them.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders and team members project status, progress, results and next steps.
- Brings relevant state-of-the-art data science technologies to the team and leads by example to establish best practices.
- Mentors and/or manages junior data science team members and serves as a subject matter of expertise in data science internally and externally.
- Expert knowledge and experience in digital marketing and e-commerce including marketing channel optimization, customer behavior/journey modeling and prediction, product recommendation systems, online testing etc.
- Proficient at collecting and mining data from disparate data sources, and willing to dig deeper and understand the process that creates the data
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Capable of translating business opportunities into data science problems and defining the right project scope and performance metric to measure success.
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Committed team player who is proactive, takes ownership over the success of their projects, and works hard to support those around them.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
- 7+ years of relevant professional and research experience with a MS or PhD degree in STEM with specialization in machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization.
- Hands on experience with each part of the data science toolkit, including statistical analyses, hypothesis testing, and data cleaning/feature engineering.
- Ability to create visualizations to help tell stories about the data (ggplot2, Seaborn, matplotlib, d3)
- Experience building predictive models inside a statistical computing environment (e.g., R, Python, Sklearn, SPSS, Matlab, Octave)
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Scala, Python, C/C++
- Experience with distributed computing: Hive/Hadoop, Spark
- Proficiency in deploying data science solutions in a live, production environment, especially in near real-time settings (ex: models embedded into a REST API)
What’s in it for you:
- Assist in creating and driving the vision, strategy, and implementation of the company-wide data science group.
- Work with experienced data scientists to solve business-critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer acquisition activities.
- See your contributions make consumers’ lives easier and create a material impact on a business.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science, and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.