At Red Ventures, the Data Science team uses natural language processing, random forests, and neural networks to optimize revenue across all of Red Ventures businesses. We utilize bleeding edge technology leveraging Spark and Hadoop infrastructures for data management and retention.
With a focus on speed and execution, we handle the full cycle of data science problems: mining data and working with business groups to identify new opportunities, rapidly prototyping solutions and deploying those solutions as products in real time settings while monitoring and improving them over time.
We’re a tight-knit, fast-paced team working with a large amount of complete and powerful data that are committed to staying at the cutting edge of data science and having a huge impact in a multi-billion dollar company.
We are looking for:
- 3 – 5 years of hands on data science or analytics experience
- 3+ years hands on programming experience with predictive models (R, Python, Matlab, C++, etc)
- Extensive hands on experience working with large data sets, including sampling, exploratory data analysis, statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, data cleansing/transformation and modeling.
- Understanding experimental design and controls, interpretation of results and statistical rigor.
- Experience working with big data solutions such as Pig, Cassandra, HDFS, Spark and HBase
- Strong experience working with relational databases, SQL and business intelligence solutions
- Able to take a lead role in building and enhancing Red Ventures data science methodologies
- Proficient at finding and combining data from different data sources
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects efficiently and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills including presentations on results
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
What’s in it for you?
- Get to and stay on the cutting edge of machine learning with a group of motivated, talented data scientists.
- See your contributions make a material impact to a business.
- Work with experienced data scientists to solve business critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer acquisition activities.
Red Ventures Overview:
Red Ventures is a technology-driven digital marketing and sales company. We focus on solving complex business problems for our partners, which include some of the nations’ largest brands, by combining advanced data analytics with proprietary, built in-house technology to help us generate demand and attract potential customers with incredible efficiency.
We combine the speed and creativity of a start-up, the strategic thinking of a management consultancy, and the technology development and analytics of a software company– all under one roof. Couple that with a culture built on speed, innovation and collaboration and you’ll find that Red Ventures is a place unlike any other.
A few of the perks and benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary you’ll also get:
- Excellent benefits package including 401(k) with a company match, medical, dental and vision coverage, short- and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
- Onsite restaurant with subsidized meals, coffee and smoothie bar
- Onsite health clinic
- Generous vacation policy plus additional company-wide closure days including the week between Christmas and New Year
- Full-gym with running track, spin room, basketball court, bowling alley, and yoga studio
- Annual company trip to the Caribbean
- Continuous learning opportunities at relevant industry conferences
- Casual dress is encouraged
- Relocation assistance is offered for those not currently living in the Charlotte, NC area