As a Senior Software Engineer at Red Ventures, you can drive your own progress. You won't just write code; you will own product development and tech solutions across multiple businesses. You will lead your team to see the whole scope of a project from beginning to end, and grow young developers into experts in the field. Our Senior Software Engineers guide our tech community towards amazing solutions. You will work on a variety of things that include: development of SaaS-based projects, live chat platforms, web analytics suites, live streaming dashboards, and more. You will be part of a team who works together to explore new boundaries and test new technologies. We maintain a tight loop between development, feedback and deployment, which allows us to build world-class solutions to our business, marketing and data quandaries.
Above all else, we value growth and curiosity. Want to learn a new language? Go for it! You'll have plenty of experts in your peer group to guide you and part of your job will be to help guide others as your knowledge can fulfill their curiosity.
How We Work:
- Iterate - Red tape doesn’t get in our way. We believe that "Speed Trumps Perfection" so we test and deploy daily.
- Autonomy – Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Collaborate – Better than making the dream work, teamwork makes the code work. Through open work-space, Slack and peer reviews, our teams work together to build amazing solutions.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new frameworks, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
What We Are Looking For:
- 7+ years of recent server side experience in technologies such as C#, Golang, PHP, or Node
- Experience in front-end technologies such as React, Angular and Polymer
- Experience with OOP and software design skills
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Strong ability to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code
- Knowledge of unit-testing (TDD/BDD tool i.e. Jasmine, Mocha, Protractor)
- Understanding of how to build and consume REST APIs
- Analytical and detail oriented minds with decisive judgement skills
- The ability to prioritize, strategize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has more than 2,700 employees in offices across the Carolinas, Seattle, Washington, and Sao Paulo, Brazil.