Are you passionate about your career in database administration but don’t want to be pigeonholed as nothing more than a “gate keeper”? At Red Ventures our DBAs collaborate with Software Engineers, business leaders and partners to discuss schema design, query optimization, and large scale database design and deployment. In this role you will be responsible for the design and production support for servers supporting a variety of applications.
- Installs, configures, and supports Oracle databases for Business Systems environments
- Monitors database space and capacity, estimate sizing and growth requirements
- Conducts database performance tuning, reviews & tunes complex SQL statements
- Maintains Backup and Recovery procedures
- Assumes ownership of database related problems; pursues short and long-term problem resolution and root cause analysis
- Collaborates with application and infrastructure teams to solve database level issues including availability and stability of the database environments
- Works with vendors and application support teams to gather information, determines and implements resolutions
- Proactively researches and identifies database level patches and upgrades
- Provides 24/7 support
- Maintains standard operating procedures specifically focused on stable database environments
- Develops and maintains shell scripts required for database monitoring and performance metrics.
- ETL – Installation, administration, upgrade, maintenance and development in Pentaho.
- Automation of business processes using shell-scripts and database objects.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science/Technology or Engineering, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- 8 years of experience in Oracle administration – install, configure, upgrade, performance tuning, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Experience in managing large and mission critical databases on Oracle 12c.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL.
- Hands-on experience in RMAN, Oracle RAC, ASM and Enterprise Manager
- Proficiency in performance and tuning of large database environment
- UNIX Shell scripting experience
- Oracle OCP Certification is a plus
- Must be able to pass USPS sensitive security clearance requirements
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a technology-driven digital marketing and sales company. We focus on solving complex business problems for our partners, which include some of the nations’ largest brands, by combining advanced data analytics with proprietary, built in-house technology to help us generate demand and attract potential customers with incredible efficiency.
We combine the speed and creativity of a start-up, the strategic thinking of a management consultancy, and the technology development and analytics of a software company– all under one roof. Couple that with a culture built on speed, innovation and collaboration and you’ll find that Red Ventures is a place unlike any other.