By the time you've reached the end of this paragraph, Red Ventures will have made countless API transactions, all thanks to the expertise of our Engineers. Instead of logging hours, chained to a desk in the corner, our engineers have an active role in our business. As a Software Engineer at Red Ventures, you'll see the whole scope, not just your fraction of the project. Your voice will be heard – it's not about blindly putting together your piece of the puzzle to connect to the larger project. It's about collaborating along the way, designing the pieces as a collective community to make sure they have solved the problem. And it's okay to fail – we work and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
- Your day-to-day will include designing, evaluating, updating and maintaining object oriented applications, working with automated build and unit testing platforms.
- Forget the red tape, forget the micromanaging and monotonous routine, you'll have autonomy and a breeding ground for opportunity, working alongside business leaders and marketing staff to determine business requirements and rapidly translate them into final products.
- You'll be a mentor who wants to help your peers explore as much as possible. There's a tight loop between development, feedback and deployment, and that's why we're so good at building world-class solutions to our unique business, marketing and data quandaries. You'll share your expertise through your close communication, hands-on leadership and talented coding.
- We value growth and curiosity. Want to learn a new language? Go for it! If you have the initiative and you're getting your work done, learn away – and you'll have plenty of experts in your peer group to guide you. And part of your job will be to help guide others as their curiosity meets your expertise.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong software engineer with excellent programming skills in Java and OO Analysis and Design.
- Experience with JEE technologies like Servlets, JSPs, JMS. Experience building & deploying web applications to a JEE container such as Websphere, Weblogic, JBoss, TomEE is required.
- Excellent knowledge of one or more web application development frameworks, based on the MVC architecture pattern such as Spring MVC, Spring WebFlow. Excellent understanding of Spring Dependency Injection.
- Strong middle tier programmer with experience integrating the web tier with an Oracle backend using technologies like Spring JDBC Template, Spring Data extensions etc. and/or ORMs like Hibernate, EclipseLink. Oracle PL/SQL knowledge/familiarity preferred. Familiarity with Spring Integration/Camel/Mule and ESB flows a plus.
- Experience working with Adobe Marketing Cloud components such as Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Campaign OR Experience with any other JCR based content repository like Apache Jackrabbit, Apache Sling etc is a big plus.
- Experience developing software using an IDE like Eclipse or IntelliJ along with Maven for dependency management.
- Experience working with Source Control systems such as Git or Subversion and CI tools like Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Team player with excellent communication skills, strong problem solving skills and familiarity with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Adobe AEM a huge plus.
- Must be able to pass USPS sensitive security clearance requirements.
The open-mindedness of our engineers has led to premier technology that enable sales – from reviews platforms, to applications that process millions of requests per day on millions of pages. Want to see your hard work in action? Want to learn as much as possible? Want a flexible schedule, bowling breaks and fitness classes like yoga and kickboxing? Apply today.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a technology-driven digital marketing and sales company. We focus on solving complex business problems for our partners, which include some of the nations’ largest brands, by combining advanced data analytics with proprietary, built in-house technology to help us generate demand and attract potential customers with incredible efficiency.
We combine the speed and creativity of a start-up, the strategic thinking of a management consultancy, and the technology development and analytics of a software company– all under one roof. Couple that with a culture built on speed, innovation and collaboration and you’ll find that Red Ventures is a place unlike any other.