University of North Carolina Case Competition
Red Ventures Business Launch Case Competition
Discover the world of marketing and technology with the Red Ventures Business Launch Case Competition. Red Ventures is one of the faster growing companies in the region due in part to launching several new partnerships with leading industry brands each year such as ADT and Verizon. During this event participants will gain experience researching and analyzing business launch options, negotiating a deal, and pitching your idea to senior leadership. You will compete with other talented students from University of North Carolina for the chance to win part of our $10,000 prize.
Why compete in the Red Ventures Business Launch Competition?
- $10,000 prize pool consisting of cash prizes and charitable donations
- Opportunity to gain skills in analysis, deal negotiation, and pitches
- Ability to build personal and professional relationships with Red Ventures employees
Date: March 3, 2017
- Case distributed on February 26th with presentations and judging on March 3rd. Participants will be made aware of their presentation time slot by 7 AM on March 3rd, so flexibility in schedule is required with presentations beginning at 9 AM.
- Celebration party after final winners announced will take place that afternoon.
Location: McColl Building
Eligibility and Guidelines:
- Applications due by February 21st
- 3-4 member team requirement
- Full-time University of North Carolina students – Sophomore to Senior classes eligible
- Students can apply as a team or as an individual and be placed on a team
- All teams must have 3-4 members, so teams only submitting 2-3 could have teammates added
- 3.0 minimum GPA preferred
How to apply:
- One team member applies listing their information along with resumes and names of desired team. All teammates must have a resume uploaded to qualify.
- Individuals can also apply on their own and can be placed on a team