This person will be responsible for developing the vision and managing the execution of Red Ventures' Data Science practice. The Company has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer acquisition activities. Red Ventures is seeking a candidate who can build a team designed to improve the current analytics efforts via enhanced sophistication, methodologies, and tools. This person will develop deep domain expertise in digital advertising and customer acquisition.
• Create and drive the vision, strategy, and implementation of the company-wide Data Analytics function.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Digital Marketing, Business Intelligence, and Sales) to develop a granular and comprehensive understanding of the key drivers and opportunities within the business.
• Embrace the “roll up your sleeves” culture of Red Ventures and be directly engaged in execution, not simply personnel and strategy management.
• Mine large, complex datasets for marketing and operations optimization opportunities.
• Build predictive and behavioral analyses, models, and data-derived user cohorts that are utilized by the Marketing and Operations teams in each division to enhance targeting, increase revenue, generate cost savings, and allocate resources more efficiently.
• Work closely with senior software engineers on the development of predictive decisioning capabilities that are embedded in marketing automation tools related to website automation, paid search management, and sales center operations.
• Ensure consistent methodologies and best practices are being utilized by the analysts across the internal divisions.
• Present actionable analyses and recommendations to senior executives and non-technical resources in a clear and concise manner to drive business decisions.
• Design intuitive data visualization solutions.
• Significant working knowledge of data mining algorithms including predictive modeling, multivariate modeling, probability networks, clustering, decision trees, and regression.
• Ph.D. or Masters in Statistics (or related field) required.
• Proficiency with statistical software (e.g. R, SAS, SPSS) and data visualization tools.
• Proven success in leading and executing data analytics strategies.
• Experience developing the requisite infrastructure and systems to support an effective data science practice.
• Demonstrated ability to drive and lead cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence co-workers and external partners.
• Refined written and verbal communication skills that enable effective communication to multiple, often non-technical, audiences.
• Experience working with and supporting less technical analysts.
• Experience and expertise with internet marketing data collection and metrics is preferred.
• Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
Red Ventures Overview:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science, and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.
• Relocation assistance is offered for those not currently living in the Charlotte, NC area