Red Ventures is currently seeking a NOC Engineer. The person in this role will be part of our existing NOC team which is the eyes and ears for all of our IT systems and services at RV including networks, systems and applications. Any hiccup, blinking light, or loud noise is our NOC teams responsibility to notice and respond to so our systems and services stay up at 100%.
The NOC Engineer role is a level two support and administration role. As issues are identified it will be your responsibility to handle tier 2 support tickets you will have tools and resources to allow you to contact those who can resolve the issues you identify if they require escalation – you are the front line! When the systems are running normally you will be involved in ongoing maintenance, administration and upgrades within our Linux environment both on prem and within our AWS infrastructure.
What we’re looking for:
- 1-2 years of Windows/Linux server administration experience.
- Network administration or server monitoring experience.
- Experience supporting and/or fixing basic computer issues on Windows. Mac experience a plus.
- 3+ years working with computer applications and advanced browser-based systems such as web portals, monitoring systems and similar
- Cloud (AWS) experience is a big plus but is not required
- Experience working in a Network Operations Center (NOC) is a big plus
- Proven ability to multi-task and follow guidelines and instructions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to focus and stay cool under stress.
- Excellent written and verbal skills – you will be the primary communicator to lots of folks during outages and issues which occur.
- A really good sense of humor.
- This role will require a flexible schedule, our NOC provides support from 6am-1am 7 days per week. All candidates must have the flexibility to work nights and weekends.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has more than 2,700 employees in offices across the Carolinas, Seattle, Washington, and Sao Paulo, Brazil.