At Red Ventures, data science is central to our business. It’s woven into every interaction in a customer’s journey – from searching for a product to browsing on a website to interacting with one of our world-class sales agents. We’ve built a suite of in-house marketing technology with data science in mind, so our models plug right into the processes that drive our businesses forward.
With a focus on speed, iteration, and ownership, we own the data science process end-to-end. A successful team member will:
- Work with business teams to identify opportunities and define projects.
- Execute on these projects rapidly using cutting edge techniques from machine learning and statistical modeling
- Deploy their solutions as standalone products into a real-time scoring environment, and monitor and improve them over time.
We’re not one-and-done – each project drives a meaningful impact to the business over a long amount of time by embedding algorithms into our technology and making each business decision smarter.
We’re a tight-knit, fast-paced team that is committed to helping each other grow and develop. We’re committed to supporting and learning from each other, and we believe our team culture is one of our greatest assets.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 2-4 years experience as a data scientist
- Proficient at collecting and mining data from disparate data sources, and willing to dig deeper and understand the process that creates the data
- Hands on experience with each part of the data science toolkit, including statistical analyses, hypothesis testing, and data cleaning/feature engineering.
- Ability to create visualizations to help tell stories about the data (ggplot2, Seaborn, matplotlib, d3)
- Experience building predictive models inside a statistical computing environment (e.g., R, Python, Sklearn, SPSS, Matlab, Octave)
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Committed team player who is proactive, takes ownership over the success of their projects, and works hard to support those around them.
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Scala, Python, C/C++
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
- Experience with distributed computing: Hive/Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with deploying data science solutions in a live, production environment, especially in near real-time settings (ex: models embedded into a REST API)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Solve business critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer acquisition activities.
- Integrate cutting-edge machine learning techniques with technology that drives millions of decisions a day
- See your contributions make a material impact to a business’s bottom line.
Red Ventures Overview:
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has more than 2,700 employees in offices across the Carolinas, Seattle, Washington, and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
A few of the perks and benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary you’ll also get:
- Excellent benefits package including 401(k) with a company match, medical, dental and vision coverage, short- and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
- Onsite restaurant with subsidized meals, coffee and smoothie bar
- Onsite health clinic
- Generous vacation policy plus additional company-wide closure days including the week between Christmas and New Year
- Full-gym with running track, spin room, basketball court, bowling alley, and yoga studio
- Continuous learning opportunities at relevant industry conferences
- Casual dress is encouraged
- Relocation assistance is offered for those not currently living in the Charlotte, NC area