The mission of our data team at Red Ventures to make data easy-to-use for everyone. We are hiring Data Engineers who are excited to overcome challenges, work with the latest AWS technologies, and continue making our data better.
Our Spark Engineer will collaborate with the data team in all aspects of database management, pipeline building, and data warehouse design. This role requires experience in engineering, ETL development, data transformation, data modeling, and BI dashboard development. If you want to be a part of a dynamic team solving business problems using data, this is the role for you.
- Linux common working knowledge, including navigating through the file system and simple bash scripting
- Hadoop common working knowledge, including basic idea behind HDFS and map reduce, and hadoop fs commands.
- Spark how to work with RDDs and Data Frames (with emphasis on data frames) to query and perform data manipulation.
- Python/Java Python would be ideal but a solid knowledge of Java is also acceptable.
- Source Control Management Tool - We use BitBucket
- Worked/developed in a Linux or Unix environment.
- Worked in AWS (particularly EMR).
- Has real hands-on experience developing applications or scripts for a Hadoop environment (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, Apache Hadoop). By that, we mean someone who has written significant code for at least one of these Hadoop distributions.
- Has experience with ANSI SQL relational database (Oracle, SQL, Postgres, MySQL)
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has more than 2,700 employees in offices across the Carolinas, Seattle, Washington, and Sao Paulo, Brazil.