Data Science at Red Ventures:
Data drives everything at Red Ventures. We are maniacal about metrics and in a continuous race to find ways to mine, manipulate and collect data that will give us a significant advantage over our competition.
We’re a tight-knit, fast-paced and even faster-growing team working with a large amount of complete and powerful data. From identifying opportunity to creating and deploying tests and solutions in real time settings, the Data Science team at Red Ventures drives growth for every aspect of our multi-billion dollar business.
The Director of Data Science will be responsible for contributing to ongoing data science efforts, growing and scaling the data science team, and identifying significant business opportunities where data science can help. You’ll help us better leverage our full funnel of data to optimize our existing businesses, guide decisions, and set a data science strategy that will secure our position not just as a partner to clients but as a leader in the industry as a whole.
Red Ventures is a highly collaborative, fast-paced, results-driven atmosphere, which means you’ll also be counted on to mentor and guide less experienced data science analysts and serve as a business interface for the data science team by working with business teams to identify potential opportunities and to report progress on initiatives.
And, just in case that didn’t sound like enough fun, we’ll also expect you to dive into our entire business model, creating and expanding expertise in digital marketing and customer acquisition so that you can continue to maximize the impact of Data Science at Red Ventures.
The Director of Data Science will own all facets of projects including mining existing data, prototyping solutions, deploying in production, and monitoring performance. Minimum skill requirements are as follows:
- 6+ years of experience with a high level programming language (e.g., Java, Python, C/C++) and 2+ years mentoring other data scientists
- 5+ years of experience with a high level programming language (e.g., Java, Python, C/C++)
- Comfortable acting as a liaison between business, data science, and engineering to monitor and implement projects through completion
- Proficient at collecting and mining data from different sources using technologies like SQL, Pig, Cassandra, and HBase
- Expert at analyzing data and building predictive models inside a statistical computing environment (e.g., R, SPSS, Matlab, Octave)
- Experience with deploying data science solutions in a production environment, especially in near real-time settings
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Comfortable acting as a liaison between business, data science, and engineering to see projects completed and used
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
- Experience with data visualization and data visualization tools
- Refined written and verbal communication skills that enable effective communication to multiple, often non-technical, audiences
- Experience and expertise with internet marketing data collection and metrics is preferred
What’s in it for you:
- Assist in creating and driving the vision, strategy, and implementation of the company-wide data science group.
- Work with experienced data scientists to solve business critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer acquisition activities.
- See your contributions make a material impact to a business.
Red Ventures Overview:
Red Ventures is a technology-driven digital marketing and sales company. We focus on solving complex business problems for our partners, which include some of the nations’ largest brands, by combining advanced data analytics with proprietary, built in-house technology to help us generate demand and attract potential customers with incredible efficiency.
We combine the speed and creativity of a start-up, the strategic thinking of a management consultancy, and the technology development and analytics of a software company– all under one roof. Couple that with a culture built on speed, innovation and collaboration and you’ll find that Red Ventures is a place unlike any other.
A few of the perks and benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary you’ll also get:
- Excellent benefits package including 401(k) with a company match, medical, dental and vision coverage, short- and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
- Onsite restaurant with subsidized meals, coffee and smoothie bar
- Onsite health clinic
- Generous vacation policy plus additional company-wide closure days including the week between Christmas and New Year
- Full-gym with running track, spin room, basketball court, bowling alley, and yoga studio
- Annual company trip to the Caribbean
- Continuous learning opportunities at relevant industry conferences
- Casual dress is encouraged
- Relocation assistance is offered for those not currently living in the Charlotte, NC area