We are looking for an experienced BI Engineer to join our team. As a BI Engineer, your work will support business intelligence efforts and database development. You will be part of a team that is focused on quality and development of large-scale, mission-critical reports in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Understand the business requirements, design and develop ETL processes using Pentaho.
- Design and develop jobs/transformations for the daily ETL processes used within the company.
- Take initiative on understanding the code, details of the changes and other application areas impacted by the changes.
- Collaborate within the team, across other teams – application development, DBAs, QA, product and project management to effectively follow through on the tasks.
- Dedication to meet business requirements in line with project scope within defined timelines with quality.
- 6+ years of experience working in data warehouse environment.
- At least 4+ yrs experience developing Business Intelligence (ETL, Reporting) code/processes using Pentaho and Microstrategy.
- Experience developing Oracle Database packages and stored procedures.
- Ability to understand the database design, data mapping and write SQL queries/scripts to maintain the integrity of the data.
- Experience using tools to load and retrieve data from Oracle database – SQL Plus, Toad, SQL Loader.
- Experience writing Shell scripts to process data.
- Experience with source code management using GIT or Subversion.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Experience working in an Agile Environment and contributing individually and also as a team member.
- Must be able to pass USPS sensitive security clearance requirements
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a technology-driven digital marketing and sales company. We focus on solving complex business problems for our partners, which include some of the nations’ largest brands, by combining advanced data analytics with proprietary, built in-house technology to help us generate demand and attract potential customers with incredible efficiency.
We combine the speed and creativity of a start-up, the strategic thinking of a management consultancy, and the technology development and analytics of a software company– all under one roof. Couple that with a culture built on speed, innovation and collaboration and you’ll find that Red Ventures is a place unlike any other.