Product Designer job description
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our internal product development team at Red Ventures. Help us build and optimize custom applications and platforms for chat, analytics, ordering, and testing that fuel growth across Red Ventures and for our partners. In this role, you will have the ability to drive innovation by partnering with our individual product teams through every step of the product development process — from concepting new features and defining overall strategy, to conducting end-user testing to inform iterative product improvements. An ideal candidate will solve complex product issues, understand business goals, and continuously explore innovative design approaches.
About the team
The internal product development team at Red Ventures is committed to pushing the needle forward in creating innovative products that power our company and our partners by providing chat, analytics, ordering, and testing platforms that fuel the growth we are known for. Our solutions empower our employees from various disciplines to be as effective as they can in their roles, and in turn for our Partners. We work in partnership with the various internal RV business teams to explore new ideas and tackle challenges as they arise.
In your day-to-day you will:
- Solve problems, understand business goals, and explore innovative design approaches while working with product teams to plan and build iteratively.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Teams on strategic initiatives to define the future of the product.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, product teams, and content strategists to oversee the overall user experience of a product and new feature development from concept to launch (and beyond).
- Help drive the vision of the product forward with continued research and user testing
- Lead execution of high-quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and interactive prototypes
- Take challenging workflows and convert them into simple, intuitive, and elegant experiences.
- Advocate for design by presenting and sharing work with cross-functional teams while clearly communicating design rationale and the importance to end users.
- Be committed to executing stellar UI and motion design to enhance the overall user experience.
- Demonstrate strategic product thinking and vision experience
- Are passionate about design and have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fully understand the problem and business goals first, and conduct user research to drive strategy
- Are highly proficient with industry-leading design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Are highly proficient with building interactive prototypes (Principle, InVision Studio, etc.)
- Possess experience building and shipping web-based applications or software with end-to-end (both UX and UI) product design ability
- Demonstrate excellence in designing a beautiful and elegant UI
- Have a true passion for your craft, with an appetite to continue to inspire and challenge yourself and those around you
- Are a team player with a positive outlook and an entrepreneurial spirit
A sense of humor helps too. We’ve got an incredible campus, tons of amenities, and a casual, often ridiculous, culture. A place where your work friends become actual friends. We work hard and produce an absurd amount of creative content, and yet it never feels that way. Because we’re having fun.
Send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.
What you get:
Yes, we have a basketball court, onsite bistro, and bowling alley, but that’s not why you should come to Red Ventures. Come here because you want to make an impact and get better every day. Come here because you want to own your work as well as the trajectory of your career. Come here because you’re great at what you do, and because you want to innovate, break new ground, and help us continue to grow by double digits year over year.
In addition, we also offer a great benefits package including:
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Untracked PTO and Flexible Working Schedules
- Amazing medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Subsidized meals at our onsite cafes, smoothie and coffee bars
- Fitness Center, spin studio, basketball court, bowling alley, and yoga studio
- A casual dress code