Effective Date: December 20, 2022
|Categories of Personal Information||Examples||Categories of Entities We Disclose Personal Information To|
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Affiliates, Service Providers, Business Clients, Partners|
|Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e))||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information||Affiliates, Service Providers, Business Clients, Partners|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or Federal law||Age, race, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information.||Affiliates, Service Providers, Business Clients|
|Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies||Service Providers, Business Clients, Partners|
|Internet or network activity data||Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website application, or advertisement||Service Providers, Business Clients, Partners|
|Precise Geolocation||Any data that is derived from a device and that is used or intended to be used to locate a consumer within a geographic area that is equal to or less than the area of a circle with a radius of 1,850 feet, except as prescribed by regulations||Service Providers|
|Sensitive Personal information (per California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.140 (ae))||Including but not limited to a consumer’s account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account, a consumer's social security, driver's license, state identification card, or passport number.||Affiliates, Service Providers|
Other Disclosures. We may disclose your Personal Information with law enforcement and other government officials in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also disclose your information to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take necessary action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
Sale of Personal Information. We do not sell, rent, or loan your Personal Information to third parties for money. However, we may engage in activities, subject to your privacy choices, where sharing your information in the Identifiers and Internet or network activity data sections of the above chart, to social media platforms, analytics providers, and advertising companies may be considered a “sale” under certain applicable laws. See the Manage Your Information section of this Policy for more information on your privacy choices.
Retention of Personal Information. We retain your Personal Information so long as it is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, compliance with our legal obligations, resolution of disputes, fraud prevention and enforcement of our agreements . To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure; the purposes for which we process it; whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Information. Upon expiration of the applicable retention period , we will securely destroy your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Collection of Information from Children. We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of children, and our website and services are directed towards a general audience and are not directed towards children. We do not knowingly collect information about children under the age of 16 or minors otherwise defined in local law or regulation without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that someone under 16 has provided Personal Information through one of our websites, we will use reasonable efforts to remove that information from our databases.
You can jump to specific topics by clicking on the links below:
Types of Information We Collect
The following are examples of the types of information that we may collect directly from you, about you, and/or from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
Information collected directly from you:
- Account Registration. Your name, email, phone number and other relevant information when you create an account. We also may collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to provide account related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used for easy checkout, save your preferences, select areas of interest, and transaction history.
- Lead Forms and Order Placement. We collect information when you use our lead and order forms on our Services. This may include your name, email, phone number, billing address, shipping address, and payment information (e.g., credit card number). In addition, these forms may ask for information specific to your request, such as car make and model for auto insurance, military service for secondary education, or other information requested by our business clients. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we use your information to perform activities associated with a contract to provide you with products or services.
- Financial information. For certain Red Ventures’ Services, you may provide us with information such as national identifier, credit history, income, loan amounts, and account balances related to requesting financial products and services. Examples include credit card inquiries personal insurance quotes, and loan inquiries for products such as mortgages, personal loans, and student loans. In some situations, for certain Services, our GLBA notice may also apply to the collection, use and sharing of this financial information. The purpose of the collection is we have a business need to use this information to facilitate your request and connect you to lenders that deliver the products and services you request.
- Information You Post on the Services. When available on the Services, we may collect Personal Information from you when you provide or post information to our Services, including your username, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures, and references to your online presence. We may use this information for our purposes and/or make this information available to others as you request and/or permission.
- Information You Provide About Others. Sometimes, you may provide information about others, for example, to refer a friend for a newsletter. We may use this information to make our Services available to the people you refer to us.
- Sweepstakes or contests. When you choose to participate in a sweepstakes or contest, we collect information about you, which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to operate the contest or sweepstakes. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter our sweepstakes.
- Mailing List. If you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address and/or postal address. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to share information about our products or services.
- Partner Promotion. We collect information that you may choose to provide as part of a promotion with another company. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to fulfill our promotions.
- Feedback/Support. If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we may collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, to reply. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to receive and act upon your feedback or issues.
Information collected Automatically:
- E-mail Interconnectivity. If you receive email from us, we may use tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to understand how you interact with our communications to you.
- Mobile Devices (such as Phones, Tablets, Connected TVs, and Other Digital Media Streaming Devices). We may collect information from your Mobile Device, such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting one of our Services. The purposes of collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to identify unique visitors and understand how users interact with us on their devices.
- Website interactions. We use technology to discover how you interact with our website (e.g., session replay). This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser. The purposes of collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to understand how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a business need to secure our Services and detect and prevent fraud.
- Location Data. When you use certain of our Services, we may solicit your permission to collect your location data. Some features within our Services (such as location-based offers) may only function upon confirmation of your location, and therefore such features will not be available if you choose not to provide your location data. The specificity of the location data may depend on several factors, including the device you are using and how you are connected to the Internet. If you enable location services for our Services, we may collect location data periodically as you use or leave open our Services. Depending on the platform you use to access our Applications (e.g., Apple's iOS, Google's Android) you may be able to control whether location data is collected from with the controls on your device.
- Cross-Device Tracking. We and our service providers may collect and store information about users’ interactions with unaffiliated websites and applications that use our technologies, including cookies and similar tracking technologies. This allows us to infer the presence of a common user or household behind multiple devices or browsers, for instance, and then link those browsers and devices into a device graph. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to understand our users’ use of our sites across devices to allow users to use our services on one device and pick up seamlessly where they left off on another device. We also have a business need to provide personalized advertising on each device that is inferred from the browsing patterns on the devices.
Information we may collect from other sources:
- Business Client Information. We may collect contact information such as name, e-mail, address and/or phone number of our business clients and their employees with whom we may interact. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to make our website operate efficiently and to provide our business clients with ability to save preferences such as login and preferred language.
- Financial information. We may collect information from credit reporting services and, with your permission, financial data aggregator(s) and your financial service provider(s) when you use certain of our Services. We use the information as needed while providing services you request, ongoing customer relationships, to service an account, and as permitted by state and federal law.
- Demographic Information. Personal Information such as your age, gender, family size, and/or educational level. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to customize content, advertising and learn about our audiences.
- Activity and usage information. including information about your interests, purchase behavior, and other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on, used to customize content and advertising.
- Publicly observed data. Such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings used to customize content and advertising.
- Social Media Platforms and Other Third-Party Services. Some of our Services may include features that are designed to interact with social media platforms and other third-party services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and loyalty programs). If you access the Services using one of these social media platforms or provide us access to third-party services, we may receive information about you from those third parties such as account and profile data and we may combine this data with information we already have about you. For more information on the use of social platforms, please refer to the Social Features section below.
Use and Processing of Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described elsewhere in this policy, we may use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you engage with us and our Services.
- To provide content recommendations based on your interactions and interests.
- To make our Services available to you and to complete orders placed in our Services and with our Business Clients.
- To process transactions associated with your use of Services for which there is a charge, including to process payments and verify your identity or payment information for your security and protection.
- To communicate with you (e.g., about your account or updates to our terms) and to respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To deliver marketing and promotional materials related to our Services in accordance with applicable laws, including information relating to our products, services, sales, marketing research or promotions.
- To provide you with personalized advertising on our Services based on your online activity. We use the information we have, to improve our advertising systems so we can show you relevant interest-based advertising, measure the effectiveness and reach of advertisements and services, verify delivery and track performance of an advertising campaign, and ensure that an ad is only delivered when a real person is visiting the site and that the same users don’t see the same ads too frequently. You may update your preferences regarding personalized advertising by visiting the Cookie Settings link in the footer of each site to manage your settings.
- To verify your entry into and eligibility to participate in contests, giveaways, or sweepstakes and inform you if you’ve won. If your entry information will be used for any other purposes, we will disclose that in the applicable rules governing that contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes.
- To monitor, improve, and conduct analytics on our Services and advertiser product offerings.
- For internal administrative purposes, such as safety and security of our Services, and to manage our relationships.
- To permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds and to implement Social Features you choose to use.
- The Apps in our Services may request to send you push notifications from time to time to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. The Apps may also ask for your permission to access your camera and your photos. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, or if you've initially agreed for the application to access your camera and photos and you would like to stop the Apps from accessing them, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
- To detect security incidents, and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
- To comply with legal obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, and to investigate, prevent, or take appropriate action regarding possible misconduct.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose(s) in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase, we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a business need in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our need to conduct our business.
Disclosure Of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we may disclose your Personal Information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may disclose your Personal Information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also disclose your Personal Information to that company using appropriate safeguards, including at the negotiation stage.
- Our Business Clients. When we collect information on behalf of our business clients, we disclose that information with those clients.
- Service Providers. We disclose your information to service providers. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, assist, or support our business operations and other administrative functions, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
- Audience Measurement Services. We may disclose your Personal Information to audience measurement companies that help us and other websites measure and understand the audiences that view our content.
- Video Viewing Behavior. Consistent with applicable law, we may disclose your video viewing behavior with third parties including advertising companies, analytics partners, and social media sites.
- Aggregated and Anonymous Information. We may disclose aggregated, anonymous information with any third party. This information is not linked to Personal Information that can identify you or another individual person.
- Public. Some of our Services may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on our Services, that information may be publicly available
If you use Social Features on our Services or access our Services from Social Features, both Red Ventures and the social media services that operate those Social Features may have access to certain information about you and your use of both our site and theirs. If you are a member of a social media site and logged in, the interfaces configured on our Services may allow the social media site to connect your site visit and browsing behavior to the personal data held on your social media site. We may use this information on an aggregate basis to place ads that are based on your interests on these social media sites. These practices are governed by the privacy statements of these social networking sites, and you are advised to review these separately.
In addition, we may request your permission to a) access and collect information available from your social networking account; and b) post information to your friends on your behalf. When you connect your social networking service with your Red Ventures account, you authorize us to access certain information about you from your social networking service to provide content and services, including to help us tailor our communications to you, and to develop rich online content and services across the Services. The information we may access from your social networking services is governed by the privacy policies and settings of those third-party services.
The information collected and stored by the social media sites remains subject to those sites’ privacy practices, including whether they continue to disclose information to us, the types of information shared, and your choices regarding what is visible to others on those third-party websites or services.
TV and Audio Control Services